    way.
    Thanks for any help.
    -Tyson

    Tyson Collins, Nov 29, 2006

  2. Tyson Collins

    Chris H. Guest

    Tyson, I'm not so sure it is a "defect" so much as a natural maturation for
    the product reaching the end of its usefulness. :cool: I've had other routers
    in the past - Microsoft's, Linksys and NetGear specifically - and
    eventually, the wireless just seems to "go." In each case, the wired
    connections continued to function for a while before also biting the dust.
    They are just electronic devices, which, like a cordless phone, alarm clock
    or even a microwave, eventually wear out.

    Chris H., Nov 29, 2006

  3. Tyson Collins

    MrGBojangles Guest

    Tyson:
    I am experiencing the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.
    I have had my network for several years without incident. Bought a new
    ACER laptop 6 weeks ago and it linked flawlessly as did my work laptop
    which is an IBM.

    Yesterday for some unknown reason, my Acer no longer "sees" MY network.
    It sees Tyrone's next door and several others in the neighborhood but
    not mine, which is sitting only feet away.

    I reset everything but nothing works.

    This morning I fire up the ACER and it connects perfectly. Sounds like
    an intermintent problem.

    I would appreciate any help.

    Cheers,

    Bojangles

    MrGBojangles, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Tyson Collins

    EC Guest

    Two days ago I had the similar problem, suddenly my MN-500 stops to transmit
    only wireless signal (the cable connection is ok).
    Looking the configuration, I found the wireless settings disabled (don´t ask
    me how!!!), but when I change the settings to enable (including the name of
    SSID, requested) the MN-500 does not answer until the page return the "time
    out".
    All other settings is still working only all related to wireless is not
    working any more.
    Maybe it is the same hardware problem, as reported by Tyson and Bojanjles.
    Anyway, if anybody knows where can I find the MN-500 firmware to "upgrade"
    or "downgrade" it, please, let me know.
    thanks
    Edson

    EC, Jan 6, 2007
  5. Tyson Collins

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Jan 6, 2007
  6. Tyson Collins

    EC Guest

    The model I have is not include in the list. May I use anyway?
    Thks
    Edson

    EC, Jan 7, 2007
  7. Tyson Collins

    Chris H. Guest

    The download is for all Microsoft's Broadband Networking routers.

    Chris H., Jan 7, 2007