    and removing all of the old network setting and programs. So after this
    problem I place the old MN-500 back into my network and everything is back to
    normal. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

    Guest, Sep 24, 2004

  2. If your provider limits you to one IP address, they may not be dropping the
    lease to the mac address of the MN-500 until lease expiration.

    With Comcast, resetting the modem and then the router 'should' fix it. I
    just did that at a freinds house 2 days ago.

    With Roadrunner, you may need to call them to release all leases.
    Roadrunner will also tell you to try unplugging the modem and disconnecting
    the COAX for the modem and then reconnect the COAX and reconnect the power.

    Roadrunner has good Support . . from my experience.
    Comcast sucks . . if tell them you have a router and they won't talk to you
    any more . . I don't know why Comcast even has a support number . . I think
    it is staffed by kids that couldn't get a job at the DairyQueen.

    Steve Bruce, mct, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I recommend that you call the Microsoft support line. It is (800)936-3900,
    choose 1 from the confusing menu. The line is free, open 24/7 and there is no
    waiting. The best part is that they are very knowledgeable and helpful. I've
    been helped by them a number of times, when I changed something and wasn't
    able to fix it myself. This is the greatest support line I've ever
    encountered. Try it, you'll like it.

    Guest, Sep 25, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for all of your help guys! Both posts were very helpful!!!

    Guest, Sep 26, 2004