    After thinking something was wrong with my Azureus, I realized something
    might be wrong with my router.

    Check out the base station log:

    2007/02/27 21:40:54 Connection attempt to base station from WAN blocked --
    src:<24.198.XX.XX:48266> dst:<74.100.XX.XX:10286>

    48266 and 10286 are my UDP and TCP ports. This is a frequently recurring
    entry in my base station log. I have application-triggered port forwarding
    enabled for both 10286 and 48266 - so why is the router blocking these
    connection attempts?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    BN, Mar 1, 2007

  2. BN

    Chris H. Guest

    Those are notations of your router blocking outside access attempts from the
    Internet. You may have application triggered opening of ports, which is
    probably from your Local Area Network, not the Wide Area Network of the
    Internet, so you probably need to point those ports directly to the computer
    by IP address in the router's settings which would tell the router to okay
    and send access messages (awakening the specific program) on that single,
    specific computer only.

    Chris H., Mar 2, 2007

  3. BN

    BN Guest

    thanks for the tip - but how do i go about doing that? MN-500 only has the
    option for persistent or application-triggered port forwarding. not only
    that, but i've even enabled DMZ on my IP!

    more specific instructions would be EXTREMELY helpful! thanks :)

    BN, Mar 2, 2007
  4. BN

    Jason Tsang Guest

    Jason Tsang, Mar 2, 2007
  5. BN

    BN Guest

    But how do I set up "regular" port forwarding on the MN-500? I thought thats
    what I was doing in the "Application Triggered" section.

    And I have disabled UPnP on Azureus. There doesn't seem to be a way to
    disable it on the router (under Persistent Port Forwarding)

    BN, Mar 2, 2007