    there. I have tried to update my firmware, but that page is no longer
    available to upgrade. Any help is appreciated, since I am no longer able to
    get help via phone/chat session with Microsoft.

    JBruns, Mar 25, 2008

  2. JBruns

    Barb Bowman Guest

    have you power cycled the broadband modem? what exact DSL modem do
    you have?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Mar 25, 2008

  3. JBruns

    JBruns Guest

    Can you explain what "power cycled" is? I have rebooted my pc, reset both my
    router and modem. The Modem I currently have is Seimens Speedstream 4100.

    Thank you for responding...

    JBruns, Mar 25, 2008
  4. JBruns

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Mar 25, 2008
  5. JBruns

    JBruns Guest

    Yes, I have "power cycled" the modem many times...1st 2 minutes seem to work
    fine, then it does not allow internet pages to be found.

    JBruns, Mar 25, 2008
  6. JBruns

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Mar 26, 2008
  7. JBruns

    JBruns Guest

    This seems to be the popular choice, and most likely the route I will take.
    It just angers me that a piece of equipment sold 4.5 years ago becomes
    obsolete with no technical support because Microsoft decides they would rater
    get another sale. I basically just rented a router for $20/yr. with no
    return policy or upgrade available. Knowing that, I should have just stayed
    with my previous ISP.

    Thanks for you time Barb.

    JBruns, Mar 27, 2008
  8. JBruns

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Microsoft actually left the broadband hardware networking equip
    business several years ago. By upgrade, I meant buy a new and
    different brand.

    I don't get the connection between this router and your ISP in the
    comment you made.

    Anyway, 5 years is a long time in computer years. There are lots of
    other vendors with similar equipment who no longer offer support or
    upgrades.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP