    Fortunately a friend doesn't have Spirited Away so I'm giving the
    coupon and receipts to him.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Jordan

    Justin Guest

    Isn't that just plain stupid?

    Justin, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    Yes, I bought it anyway... watched it first since I expected it to be
    the worst and was pleasantly surprised. Granted it's more or less the
    same plot as Totoro and Spirited Away, but pretty fun.

    English voices from Peter Boyle, Tim Curry and... Andy Richter (!)

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Feb 24, 2005
  4. Jordan

    Justin Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote on [Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:29:41 -0800]:
    I was paying attention when Mononoke first came out on disk. And what
    was the freebie when SA came out? Mononoke!

    Justin, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Only if you were one of the ones who *were* paying attention when SA
    first came out on disk--
    Or, if you could be confident that people actually WOULD by "Cat
    Returns" of their own free will...

    Derek Janssen (stupid like a fox)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Actually, it's the (non-Miyazaki) semi-sequel followup to a scene in
    "Whisper of the Heart", which...would mean more if they'd actually
    gotten past music rights to release that one and we'd have heard of it.

    But, shows that BV's determined to go down(?) with the ship on every
    Ghibli title in their contract, and give it a big-budget touch o' class--
    Which we certainly weren't expecting five years ago.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Feb 24, 2005
  7. And what was the freebie when Spirited, Kiki AND Castle first came
    out?--$5 off *each other*!

    (So you were expecting, maybe...?)

    Derek Janssen (darn, actually I WAS hoping for the cross-promo coupon,
    and I could take another $5 off Porco before leaving the store)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 24, 2005
  8. Jordan

    Anymous Guest

    Im glad to see its finally made it to US DVD. I had given up on it a
    while back and figured I might as well save for a R2 release. I hope
    they didnt start it with the "Introduction by John Lasseter" like they
    did with Spirited Away and Kiki's.

    Anymous, Feb 24, 2005
  9. Jordan

    Ed Kim Guest

    what they should've done is gotten the 2 ghiblies shorts and the 2
    Ghibli museum shorts (Mai and the KittyBus and the other one, i forget)
    and given those out as the freebies...

    it would make even those of us that have the r2s buy them :)

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Feb 25, 2005