Mixing SDR Ram with DDR Ram?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daz, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. Daz

    Daz Guest

    Hi,

    I have currently got 512MB DDR Ram and have another module of 512MB SDR Ram,
    so my questions are:
    1.) Is it possible to have both SDR and DDR running alongside in same
    machine?
    2.) Would the system recognise and use both RAM modules?

    My spec is:
    P4
    512MB DDR
    80 Gig HD
    Sis 645 Motherboard
    OS: Win XP Professional.

    Thanks in advance.

    Daz.

    --
    This email has been scanned by Norton Internet Security software and is
    virus free!

    Daz, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Daz

    Patrick Guest

    Daz wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have currently got 512MB DDR Ram and have another module of 512MB
    > SDR Ram, so my questions are:
    > 1.) Is it possible to have both SDR and DDR running alongside in same
    > machine?
    > 2.) Would the system recognise and use both RAM modules?
    >
    > My spec is:
    > P4
    > 512MB DDR
    > 80 Gig HD
    > Sis 645 Motherboard
    > OS: Win XP Professional.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Daz.

    It is I believe usual, that you can *not* use both types of memory at the
    same time.

    Patrick, Sep 14, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    "Daz" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have currently got 512MB DDR Ram and have another module of 512MB SDR

    Ram,
    > so my questions are:
    > 1.) Is it possible to have both SDR and DDR running alongside in same
    > machine?

    Not with a SiS based motherboard. Matter of fact, I don't know ANY
    P4 chipsets that support both simultaneously ... but there might be.

    > 2.) Would the system recognise and use both RAM modules?

    See above ...

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 14, 2003