Mixed Wireless and Wired Network--Shared Printer access denied

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've read some other posts on similar issues, but I still need to ask for
    some assistance. All help is much appreciated.

    I am running XP Professional on all three computers in my network. Cable
    Modem to Motorola Wireless Router. One desktop PC (Jupiter) has a NIC
    connected via cable to that router. One desktop PC (Mars) is connected
    wirelessly to that router, and a laptop (Saturn) is also connected wirelessly
    to that router. The Network setup wizard was run on all three computers and
    all three are part of the same workgroup. File and Printer Sharing is
    enabled on all computers in the network. All three machines can readily
    access the internet.

    Jupiter has a wired printer connected to its USB Port. Mars has a wired
    printer connected to its USB Port.

    The wireless PC (Mars) can see files on the other two and can access both
    shared printers.

    The wired machine (Jupiter) cannot see files on either of the wireless
    machines. In attempting to explore shared files, a window opens with a logon
    screen but my I cannot logon. I am the administrator on all three machines.
    I cannot add the Mars printer to either Jupiter or Saturn. Access is denied.

    The laptop can see files on Jupiter but not on Mars. The printer attached
    to Mars cannot be added to the laptop. Access is denied.

    Any thoughts? Thanks again.

    Guest, Dec 2, 2005