    Is it possible to have an object-group service with mixed tcp-udp protocol specification?

    Thanks,
    Alex.

    AM, Mar 11, 2005

  2. :Is it possible to have an object-group service with mixed tcp-udp protocol specification?

    Sounds like a PIX question.

    You can have, for example,

    object-group service ServerPorts tcp-udp
    port-object eq 53
    port-object eq 513

    When you are constructing such an object, there is no way to
    designate which ports you want treated as UDP and which as TCP:
    all the port numbers will be used in whatever context you use
    the group in.

    : this allows regular DNS queries, and 'who'
    access-list out2in permit udp any host MyServer object-group ServerPorts

    : this allows big DNS queries, DNS zone transfers, and 'login'
    access-list out2in permit tcp any host MyServer object-group ServerPorts

    : I've never tried this... but it might allow DNS, 'who', 'and 'login'
    object-group protocol Tcp_and_Udp
    protocol-object tcp
    protocol-object udp
    access-list out2in permit object-group Tcp_and_Udp any host MyServer object-group ServerPorts

    Walter Roberson, Mar 11, 2005