    I hope someone can help me with this?

    Kind Regards,
    Frans

    Frits, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Frits

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Cut and paste everything between the lines and paste it into notepad. Save
    the file as displaytabs.reg and save it to the desktop. make sure you change
    the save as type.... drop down box to all files. Once saved double click on
    the file to merge it into the registry. Reboot.

    Begin cut below this line
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoActiveDesktopChanges"=hex:00,00,00,00
    "NoActiveDesktop"=dword:00000000
    "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000
    "ClassicShell"=dword:00000000
    "NoThemesTab"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "NoDispAppearancePage"=dword:00000000
    "NoColorChoice"=dword:00000000
    "NoSizeChoice"=dword:00000000
    "NoDispBackgroundPage"=dword:00000000
    "NoDispScrSavPage"=dword:00000000
    "NoDispCPL"=dword:00000000
    "NoVisualStyleChoice"=dword:00000000
    "NoDispSettingsPage"=dword:00000000
    "NoDispScrSavPage"=dword:00000000
    "NoVisualStyleChoice"=dword:00000000
    "NoSizeChoice"=dword:00000000
    "SetVisualStyle"=-

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop]
    "NoChangingWallPaper"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager]
    "ThemeActive"="1"
    "DllName"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,\
    74,00,25,00,5c,00,72,00,65,00,73,00,6f,00,75,00,72,00,63,00,65,00,73,00,5c,\
    00,54,00,68,00,65,00,6d,00,65,00,73,00,5c,00,6c,00,75,00,6e,00,61,00,5c,00,\
    6c,00,75,00,6e,00,61,00,2e,00,6d,00,73,00,73,00,74,00,79,00,6c,00,65,00,73,\
    00,00,00

    End cut above this line

    pcbutts1, Jun 1, 2007

  3. Frits

    Frits Guest

    Hi,
    Thanks for your help, i most try it out, i have no windows xp on cdrom it
    was installed on my computer, otherwise i had the plan to reinstall windows
    xp home. But now you have found this for me, i had not to do this.
    I am very happy, i try out in a moment when its ok i send a message.
    Again thanks for your great help!!
    Kind Regards,
    Frans
    (Frits)

    Frits, Jun 2, 2007
  4. Frits

    Frits Guest

    Hi,
    Thanks for your message.
    But i have try it out and it don't work.
    I copy and paste everything between the lines.
    But you say to me i most cut it, it this a problem that i copy it and paste?
    What i doing wrong?
    I have use the normal standard notepad from Windows XP Home also.
    Ohh i am not happy now :-(
    But you do the best you can!!
    I don't know how this happend, why is this gone, those tabs?
    Do you have a second way to try to fix it?
    Sorry for my english!!
    Kind Regards,
    Frits
    (Frans)

    Frits, Jun 2, 2007
  5. Frits

    Frits Guest

    Hi,

    I have see something strange, about,

    DllName
    %SystemRoot%\resources\Themes\luna\luna.msstyles

    what is luna?

    I know that i can look this also in > RUN > regedit > OK
    I have seen the upper inside this.

    Kind Regards,
    Frits
    (Frans)

    Frits, Jun 2, 2007
  6. Frits

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Download it here right click on this link and choose save target as.. once
    saved the just double click on it.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/displaytabs.reg

    pcbutts1, Jun 2, 2007
  7. Frits

    Frits Guest

    THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY FOR FIX THE TABS (xp home)

    Hi,
    I was searching meanwhile you was answer me, i have look here, and read,
    download the attachment under on this following page,
    http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/38/1/
    When it was not work i try your last solution but i better now let it so.
    Maybe is this what i send you now, also working for other people.
    I have try 3 different ways all with download .reg files to desktop but the
    only way it work by me was to download the
    showalldisplaytabs-xp.vbs (this is not a link here in this email)
    THIS IS THE LINK FOR THE FIX FILE:
    http://www.winhelponline.com/downlo...f67faea5ef79fa0655456ad93d35505d&articleId=38
    I CAN NOT FIND OUT IF THIS IS SPECIALY FOR XP HOME VERSION BUT I THINK YOU
    CAN LOOK THAT, ITS WORKING BY ME WITH MY VERSION OF WINDOWS XP HOME.
    Thanks for let me find it, you bring me on the right options!!,
    Kindest Regards,
    Frans
    (Frits)

    Frits, Jun 2, 2007
  8. Frits

    Pennywise Guest

    Open in Notepad, the header:

    Restores missing tabs in the Display properties
    'For use with Windows® XP only.
    'Created on May 09, 2006

    Pennywise, Jun 3, 2007
  9. Frits