missing "rtr" command for Tracking IP SLA

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rudi, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. Rudi

    Rudi Guest

    We're running IOS 12.4(15)T on a 2811 and trying to use Reliable Static
    Routing Backup as per
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/12_3x/12_3xe/feature/guide/dbackupx.html#wp1087990

    We've configured an SLA and can verify its working using
    "show ip sla statistics", however we can't go the next step and track
    the state of this SLA because the router doesn't support the rtr command
    in the following line:

    "track 123 rtr 1 reachability"

    The only track options available are:
    interface, ip, list or stub-object, none of which seem to be what we need.

    Has the "rtr" command been superceded, do we have a non supporting IOS
    or what?

    Any help would be much appreciated

    Rudi, Dec 22, 2008

  2. Rudi

    bod43 Guest

    What feature set do you have?

    Post lines like -
    Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version
    12.4(15)T7,
    System image file is "flash:c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T7.bin"

    from sh ver

    The document that you pointed at says that it is not available
    in IPbase on the 1700.

    It seems to be available in Advanced iP Services on the 870.

    You can check on www.cisco.com/go/fn

    bod43, Dec 22, 2008

  3. Rudi

    Rudi Guest

    You were right, the feature set was IPBase and when I upgraded to
    Advanced Services the rtr command was there!
    Thanks

    Rudi, Dec 22, 2008