    problems on any other pc.

    Can anyone help me get wireless connected to the missing pc's

    Thanks

    RobFJ, Apr 15, 2010

  2. RobFJ

    Lem Guest

    Please supply answers when laptop is connected both wired and wireless:

    1. Is laptop connected via "Homegroup" or "Workgroup"
    2. What is the IP address of the laptop? (run ipconfig /all from
    Command Prompt)

    ....and have to ask: when laptop is connected via wireless, are you
    *sure* that the one PC you see is yours, i.e., are you sure that you are
    connected to your own wireless network?

    Lem, Apr 15, 2010

  3. RobFJ

    RobFJ Guest

    Laptop is connected via a workgroup (both).

    ip address of the wireless connection is 192.168.0.8

    ip address of the ethernet connection is 192.168.0.12

    ....and Yes the other pc is definitely mine - it's my desktop <G>

    RobFJ, Apr 15, 2010
  4. RobFJ

    Lem Guest

    Lem, Apr 15, 2010
  5. RobFJ

    RobFJ Guest

    Hi Lem,

    You were right <BG> - it was the firewall, not in windows but in my
    anti-virus software.

    If I switch it off, all the other pc's are there; if I switch it back on,
    they disappear.

    Now I just need to find out what to change in those settings - but that's
    another forum

    Thanks for your help.

    Rob

    RobFJ, Apr 16, 2010
  6. RobFJ

    RobFJ Guest

    With Lem's help I've managed to trace and resolve the problem.

    I use Kaspersky Internet Security and when I initially set up WAP access,
    KAV automatically added entries into its Firewall settings. For some reason
    it put in a range of IP settings that it would recognise and, by default,
    barred the others.

    I got around it by deleting the wireless connection in windows and, with all
    other pc's switched on, re-established a new wireless connection.

    KAV then picked up the correct IP range and everything is now OK.

    Hope this helps someone else.

    Rob

    RobFJ, Apr 16, 2010
  7. RobFJ