Missing "Reserve now" button with two browsers

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Gualtier Malde, Feb 23, 2008.

1. I just got off the phone with Black Ball ferry which operates a ferry between
    Port Angeles, WA and Victoria, B.C., Canada. The ferry people have a site for
    making reservations. The reservation carries a charge of $11.00. I got on
    Firefox 2.0.0.12 and got their page but was unable to find the button to push to
    actually make a reservation: http://www.cohoferry.com/reservations.htm

I called the company to reserve and found that reservations by phone are $16.00.
    The patient agent waited until I turned off banner add blocking in Zone alarm
    and brought up IE as well, and still was not able to find the button. So the
    guy took my reservation and turned it into an online reservation to save me money.

Any ideas? Thanks

Gualtier Malde, Feb 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Gualtier Malde

Tim Jackson Guest

Sounds like you turned off JavaScript in a fit of super-security.

Tim Jackson

Tim Jackson, Feb 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Thank you for your reply. That would be me, alright, but not this time. I kept
    fooling around and turning off ZA and other stuff, and then was reviewing
    cookies and saw one for the coho site and just deleted it, and when I went to
    the site again the Reserve Now button was there. I'm not knowledgeable about
    this stuff but can't figure why a site would set a button that would *prevent* a
    user from doing business with them.

Gualtier Malde, Feb 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question