missing memory

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jim mcaloon, Jan 3, 2004.

  1. jim mcaloon

    c.rowlands4 Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    :: ::
    ::: Boomer wrote:
    ::::: :::::
    :::::: It was on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 11:04:01 -0600, just as I was halfway
    :::::: through a large jam doughnut, that Mara wrote:
    ::::::
    ::::::: On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 16:18:29 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
    :::::::
    :::::::: It was on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:57:07 +0000, just as I was
    :::::::: halfway through a large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:
    ::::::::
    ::::::::: On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:23:43 +0000, in
    ::::::::: <>
    ::::::::: William Poaster scrawled:
    :::::::::
    :::::::::: It was on Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:17:13 +0000, just as I was
    :::::::::: halfway through a large jam doughnut, that °Mike° wrote:
    ::::::::::
    ::::::::::: On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:59:18 +0100, in
    ::::::::::: <>
    ::::::::::: Rob K scrawled:
    :::::::::::
    :::::::::::: °Mike° wrote in <> :
    ::::::::::::
    :::::::::::::
    ::::::::::::: I will repeat it one more time, just so that it has time
    ::::::::::::: to sink in: Only clueless people refer to *DISK SPACE* as
    ::::::::::::: "memory".
    ::::::::::::
    :::::::::::: ºMikeº, where do you get the patience from - what a nutter
    :::::::::::: this Hywel.
    :::::::::::
    ::::::::::: With a name like Hywel, he can only be Welsh, and that
    ::::::::::: explains a lot.
    ::::::::::
    :::::::::: It's the valleys & the long dark winter nights, with little
    :::::::::: to do, you know.
    :::::::::
    ::::::::: He's one of the "boyos", isn't it?
    ::::::::
    :::::::: 'Scuse me <slight spelling fault> "bozos". There, that looks
    :::::::: better. ;-)
    :::::::
    ::::::: That's worth $5,000. US.
    :::::::
    ::::::: "V'yy r-znvy vg gb lbh vzzrqvngryl."
    ::::::
    :::::: Rkpryyrag! Zl gunaxf, bu DbR! :)
    ::::::
    :::::
    ::::: It's this an English speaking group? ;)
    :::
    ::: Nac oes
    ::
    :: Anp brf

    c.rowlands4, Jan 3, 2004

  2. jim mcaloon

    Mara Guest

    V ybir vg! JubbUbb! YBY!

    Mara, Jan 3, 2004

  3. jim mcaloon

    Boomer Guest

    Tell me more. Nyy Ebg-13?

    Boomer, Jan 4, 2004
  4. It was on Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:00:24 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    How 'bout using Babelfish? <G>

    No one can understand that!

    William Poaster, Jan 4, 2004
  5. jim mcaloon

    Boomer Guest

    Hehehehehe! Okay! ;)

    Boomer, Jan 4, 2004
  6. jim mcaloon

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Er... I think he c/p'd it in so you could see what he was asking about.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 4, 2004
  7. jim mcaloon

    Mara Guest

    Yeah. LOL

    I replied to her, "This is what you need to do:"

    I sent her a long, detailed explanation of what was wrong with her system and
    how to fix it; I outlined each step separately, explained each entry, even down
    to [then hit the "Enter" key.] The thing was HUGE. But even the neighbor's dog
    could have fixed the system with it.

    And then, of course, I Did The Dirty Deed. <vbeg>

    A couple of hours later, I got a reply from her, saying that she couldn't
    understand a bit of what I'd said - it seemed to be in some strange foreign
    language or something.

    When I finally stopped howling with laughter, I replied," Now you know how *I*
    felt when I tried to read and understand the e-mail you sent."

    I don't hear from her very often at all anymore, but when I do, she's quite
    careful to write in understandable English.

    "Very careful indeed. ROTFL!"

    Mara, Jan 4, 2004
  8. jim mcaloon

    Boomer Guest

    <choking> ROTFL!! Oh goodness. Love it! </choking>
    Too funny! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Boomer, Jan 4, 2004
  9. Mara spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    Naw. No need. My screwup, my responsibility to see it to it's conclusion.
    Well, she is now locked up somewhere, so she is no longer my concern. Oh,
    you see my last message on that?

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Jan 4, 2004
  10. Not if one goes by "it's this an English speaking group". :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2004
  11. jim mcaloon

    Mara Guest

    My motto is "Ask, and ye shall receive."

    Some people ought to be more careful about what they "ask" for, though.

    Heh. ;)

    Mara, Jan 4, 2004
  12. jim mcaloon

    Mara Guest

    No, I didn't. What happened?

    Mara, Jan 4, 2004
  13. jim mcaloon

    Boomer Guest

    So very true!!

    Boomer, Jan 4, 2004
  14. Mara spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    Well, after a little more than a year, she finally hijacked my juno
    account. I caught it the next morning because she e-mailed a bunch of
    'undisclosed recipients' from it, but the IP address she left behind was
    the clue.

    I wrote her telling her to grow the hell up, and gave her 24 hours to
    finish whatever she had planned.

    Next day, I logged on and found a new address in the addy book. It was the
    Pres's. I closed the account and she has seemed to have disappeared. That
    was Dec 3rd. No sign of her yet. I guess she is either dead, locked up in
    an insane asylumn, or jail in northern CA somewhere...

    NOI
    "As long as she isn't around me, I don't care. <G>"

    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Jan 4, 2004
  15. jim mcaloon

    Mara Guest

    How did she get the ID and password from that account?!?
    Well, we can hope.
    I don't blame you.

    "She's a wingnut."

    Mara, Jan 4, 2004
  16. Mara spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    She got the ID two years ago when I e-mailed her once from it. Back then, I
    used one basic name internet wide.
    I certainly can.
    That is being nice. I have called her much worse...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Jan 4, 2004
  17. jim mcaloon

    trout Guest

    So then a wise third party drops by to instruct the participants in
    proper newsgroup use, and insult both with a gay-lame.
    This sagacity is invariably welcomed, and the thread promptly ends
    with hugs all around and the exchange of dinner invitations.

    trout, Jan 4, 2004
  18. jim mcaloon

    Mara Guest

    That doesn't explain how she got the password?
    Well, I thought about "^%&$^%*$^*+" and "%$#!%(*&(^*," myself.

    Mara, Jan 4, 2004
  19. Howdy!

    Strike one - no ability to trim posts.

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 4, 2004
  20. Mara spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    That's one thing I never bothered to figure out. I knew she had been
    trying, so I just kept changing it from time to time. Guess I got sloppy
    there...
    Psycho Bitch seems too overused... <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Jan 4, 2004