    now it is only recognising the c dr at 20 gig lost 20 gig
    anyone help
    jimbo

    jim mcaloon, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Get something like Partition Magic to merge the partitions. I imagine
    that you still have two partitions, though the second one (D) has just
    been deleted. The boundary between the two is still there.

    If you don't need anything on the drive, delete the C partition and run
    FDISK again to set up one large partition. *****You will lose all of
    your data doing this.*****

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004

  3. jim mcaloon

    Rifleman Guest

    Firstly you are NOT missing "memory" you are missing Disk space. The two are
    NOT the same.

    You need to use a third-party partitioning tool in order to re-size your
    current partition

    Partition Magic or Boot-IT are the ones normally recommended.....

    Rifleman, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Strictly speaking they are. They're just different types of memory.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  5. jim mcaloon

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  6. jim mcaloon

    °Mike° Guest

    Only clueless people refer to disk space as "memory".

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Rubbish. What's CDROM? What's DVD-RAM? What's DVD-ROM? Where does
    your swap file (virtual memory to muppets like you) sit?

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  8. jim mcaloon

    °Mike° Guest

    As I said, only clueless people refer to disk space as "memory".

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  9. How do you know that I'm clueless? You know nothing about my background
    or qualifications, so please, justify your claims or GFY.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  10. jim mcaloon

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't have to justify anything. My statement is a statement of
    fact: "only clueless people refer to disk space as "memory".

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  11. "Memory" is an internal storage facility. It's only in recent years
    that memory has come to refer (usually) specifically to chip-based
    memory. What's a USB key drive? Is that memory or a disk drive? It's
    chip-based but behaves not like a disk. What's EPROM? It's chip-based,
    but behaves like a disk. What's an SD Card? It's chip-based, but
    behaves like a disk.

    People really in the know would refer to what you chumps call "memory"
    as RAM.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  12. jim mcaloon

    °Mike° Guest

    I will repeat it one more time, just so that it has time to sink in:
    Only clueless people refer to *DISK SPACE* as "memory".

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  13. jim mcaloon

    Spider Guest

    RAM huh. Which stands for Random Access (come on now, everyone say it with
    me) (loudly so he can hear) MEM (louder I can't hear you) OR (with gusto at
    the end) YYYYYYYYYYYY.

    Geesh Mike what a chump you are. Now I'm not the fastest kid on the block
    Mike, but did this guy just admit you were right??? It seems to me that he
    just said that what you as a chump call memory, he (who obviously is in the
    know), calls the same thing RAM therefore it is NOT DISK SPACE. Voila, he
    just agreed with you.

    Spider, Jan 3, 2004
  14. jim mcaloon

    Rob K Guest

    ºMikeº, where do you get the patience from - what a nutter this Hywel.

    Rob K, Jan 3, 2004
  15. jim mcaloon

    gangle7 Guest

    i dont hav no idea wut the fuk you juss wroted
    how cum you called mike viola maybe spiders aint
    two brite seein as they are so fukkin
    uglee and harrey and they eet bugs
    as a mater of fakt i am kinda harrey and i eet
    lotsa bugs and dirt but i aint no spider but that dont help
    me no better to unnerstan nothin you wroted

    gangle7, Jan 3, 2004
  16. jim mcaloon

    °Mike° Guest

    I guess that makes most people "you chumps", eh? :)

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  17. jim mcaloon

    °Mike° Guest

    With a name like Hywel, he can only be Welsh, and that explains a lot.

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  18. Read the full thread, groupie.
    You really are Mikey Mikey Mikey's groupie, aren't you? Do you have
    stretch marks?

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  19. Valium. Lots of it.
    A nutter, may be, but I can construct a sentence correctly.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  20. jim mcaloon

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Give it a rest please, you will have K-Man taking an earlier flight.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 3, 2004