    pane/window that used to be at the left of the Thunderbird program.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    TIA!

    Sayeed, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Why do you expect answers if noone but you will profit?

    Karsten

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Karsten_D=FCsterloh?=, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Sayeed

    Sayeed Guest

    Guten Abend Karsten,

    It is my suspicion that if I'm having this problem that others will
    too, and that if I can't after a reasonably thorough search find an
    answer, that others will have the same problem. As I believe in open
    source software and wish to see it succeed, I want to do what I can to
    contribute to its documentation. Thus, if I find a pertinent question
    that has no ready answer in the Thunderbird documentation, rather than
    switching mail clients, I'll find out what the relevant news groups
    are and post my question their and hope the answers find their way
    into the public domain and perhaps into the TB FAQs, etc.

    But I would think that this would all be self-eveident. What moved
    you to ask such an unusal question? The x-No-Archive setting? It's
    my default because of dealings with a Net kook/vandal whose nom de Net
    I won't mention in an archived post, lest he come and disrupt these
    groups. It was left on by mistake, and I doubt that those who respond
    will do the same, at least I hope they won't. For whatever reason,
    you only quoted my name and not the post, but I aded it back. So
    here's the question again, above and below, with Google archiving
    allowed , or so I hope. Sometimes when I try to allow archiving, it
    doesn't always work the first time. :( This is my second try, so I'm
    keeping my fingers crossed.

    My folders pane in Thunderbird has disappeared. This keeps me from
    going to folders other than the inbox, like the "sent" messages and
    the "drafts" folders, which is of course a real pain. I have looked
    at length and cannot find any info on restoring the folders

    Sayeed, Dec 26, 2004
  4. Sayeed

    Ed Mullen Guest

    The simplest thing that comes to mind is that the pane has been shrunk
    to zero. At the left hand edge of the TB window will be a vertical
    border. Click and drag to the right to expand the pane. If that's not
    it then something's broken.

    Ed Mullen, Dec 26, 2004
  5. Sayeed

    Sayeed Guest

    That was it indeed Ed. I never would have guessed from looking at it,
    but dragging it back out worked perfectly. I do not recall dragging
    it shut, but I see that if you drag it to a certain point, it then
    jumps the rest of the way to disappear. That must have happened when
    I wasn't really paying attention. Deepest thanks for your help, and
    for being a supporter of Mozilla!

    Sayeed, Dec 26, 2004
  6. Sayeed

    Ed Mullen Guest

    My pleasure. I just love it when it's the simple stuff that provides
    the answer. ;-)

    Ed Mullen, Dec 27, 2004
  7. Sayeed

    acukfreak

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thunderbird and Nostalgy

    This problem is most likely because you pressed the Nostalgy keyboard shortcut that hides the folders panel.

    This is usually "L" (this key toggles the folders panel view).

    So try just pressing "L". Good luck!

    acukfreak, Aug 1, 2008
  8. Sayeed

    sparkles85

    Joined:
    May 12, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks!

    Thank you for this - this is exactly what happened to me and I was getting endlessly frustrated with my folder pane toggling seemingly at random... Dragging actually didn't work, which is weird. Anyway. Thanks again! Now to stop mashing the keyboard instead of pressing proper Nostalgy shortcuts...

    sparkles85, May 12, 2011
  9. Sayeed

    HutchCore

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks!

    Just wanted to thank you for posting this question and for the responses. I was having the same issue and indeed, I did just need to slide the panel over. Thanks!

    HutchCore, Jul 22, 2011
  10. Sayeed

    JohnCPA

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    All of the suggestions here and elsewhere on the web didn't work for me, when I had this problem. I solved it instantly by pressing the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-1.

    JohnCPA, Oct 29, 2011
  11. Sayeed

    afsteinb

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Folder Pane Missing Email Accounts!!! ...

    I have suddenly found that I too do not see any of the eight email accounts that I have been able to see in the folder pane until just yesterday. I have tried all of the solutions mentioned in this thread without success. I can slide the pane opening from left to write and see the listed groups to the right for Email, Newsgroups, and so on, but can't see anything that I have seen in the left side account list. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be going on? I can't even begin to imagine how this could come about. I am frustrated to say the least.

    afsteinb, Jan 27, 2012