Missing entry points in SHLWAPI.DLL on 2003 R2 (SP2) 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've a C++ COM DLL that works fine on 32 bit platform. It compiles & works
    fine on 64 bit platform as well, but when I try to register it with REGSVR32,
    it fails. Upon further check I found that couple of dependencies are missing.

    This is happening on 64 bit Windows 2003 R2 with SP2 machine. Linker flag
    "/MACHINE:X64" was set when DLL was generated.

    SHLWAPI.DLL is missing entry point #467 (does not display function name).

    DMWAPI.DLL is not present on the system at all.

    This used to work but one of the recent updates seems to have broken the
    dependency chain.

    I've seen many related posts but can't find any answer that works under this
    setup. (64 bit 2003 R2 machine with SP2).

    Problem DLL Version 6.0.3790.2825 ( Win 2003 R2 SP2 )
    Problem DLL Version 6.0.3790.2795 ( Win 2003 R2 SP1 + some hot fixes )
    OK DLL Version 6.0.3790.1830 ( Win 2003 R2 SP1 - Works fine )

    Note: I've also found a machine without SP2 installed but some hot fixes
    that got installed by the auto update that exhibits the same problem, DLL
    version is 6.0.3790.2795.

    Guest, Mar 20, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The problem goes away on two different machines if I uninstall IE 7.

    Guest, Mar 20, 2007