    4 74 GB 10K SATA Raptors - Raid 5
    4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2
    XP Pro x64

    Guest, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    See
    Unknown Device in Device Manager - how to identify? 7/20/2005 from Colin
    Barnhorst for discussion and solution.

    John Barnes, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the reply. That appears to be a good fix for a similar problem on
    an ASUS motherboard, however it doesn't give much help for this problem on my
    Abit motherboard.
    --
    Abit AW8-MAX
    Intel 640 P4 3.2 Ghz

    Guest, Jul 24, 2005
  4. It is likely a utility. The fix may well be the same, but adapted to Abit.
    Check the decoration on the .ini and post back.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 25, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I searched the disk for any files containing "ACPI" or "ABT2000" and neither
    returned any results. Abit does not have any additional drivers available. I
    have also searched the chipset drivers from Intel as well.

    Guest, Jul 25, 2005
  6. Sorry, but I am only familiar with the ASUS files.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 25, 2005
  7. Guest

    nashslash Guest

    Hi there, don’t know if you ever found the answer to your question. Bu
    this is an easy one

    The unknown device is the GURU microprocessor on the ABIT motherboard
    To get rid of the unknown device in device manager. All you do is
    install the latest GURU software from ABIT for your motherboard the
    reboot. The unknown device is gone. Also, you don’t have to run th
    GURU software if you don’t like simply go into the options of GURU an
    disable it from start-up

    Regards NAS

    Admin 'www.etwclan.co.uk' (http://www.etwclan.co.uk/

    :p:p:p: