Missing control panel icon

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Les Hemmings, Jun 18, 2006.

  1. Les Hemmings

    Les Hemmings Guest

    In control panel there used to be an icon for removable media such as mp3
    players and digital cameras. It named the device drive I/: and let you
    access it via an explorer window.

    That icon has gone missing! Any ideas what the program is called and where
    it lurks? I seem to remember an area of like named progs that comprised the
    control panel..

    Les

    --
    Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

    http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

    http://www.xenu.net/

    http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

    Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

    Les Hemmings, Jun 18, 2006

  2. Les Hemmings

    Brian Guest

    Usually those type devices are only present in Explorer if they are
    installed on your system otherwise they disappear until reconnected (USB
    types). You didnt mention your OS so Im guessing XP

    Brian, Jun 30, 2006