    What do they have to gain from claiming a product is available when it is
    not?

    Alt.

    Alt-Ctrl-Del, Nov 16, 2005

  2. More traffic.

    -KS

    keon.starfire, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Alt-Ctrl-Del

    Mitch Guest

    They could be mistaken, like a typo.
    They could generate some traffic, as you just did for them.
    Use it to judge whether the site has reliable news or facts.

    Mitch, Nov 17, 2005
  4. Alt-Ctrl-Del

    Alt-Ctrl-Del Guest

    Well, I doubt that it would be a typographical error seeing as how there
    is a long article on it. I do however agree with your assessment that it
    may have been done to generate traffic.

    Of course, I was not out to generate traffic for them by posting this
    message, only hoping that someone may have had an answer. In the end I
    was really just wishing that someone could perhaps guide me to where the
    "real" 1.5 release was.

    And another site did the same thing. Major Geeks also advertised Firefox
    1.5 final release and there is no such thing on the actual Firefox site.
    So, you can see where it was somewhat confusing.

    Alt.

    Alt.

    Alt-Ctrl-Del, Nov 17, 2005
  5. Alt-Ctrl-Del

    Mitch Guest

    I doubt you'll have to wait long, if it's RC2 now.

    Mitch, Nov 18, 2005