    Hello all - I have a Dimage Xt and I'm mostly happy with it but there
    is one thing I've noticed lately - when I use it as a remote camera it
    gets very hot to the touch - has anyone else seen this?

    Stuart Smith, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Stuart Smith

    Frank ess Guest

    Stuart Smith wrote:
    > Hello all - I have a Dimage Xt and I'm mostly happy with it but there
    > is one thing I've noticed lately - when I use it as a remote camera it
    > gets very hot to the touch - has anyone else seen this?

    Something similar (I don't understand "remote" in this context):

    I did a session of tabletop model-car cataloging that used three
    batteries and nearly as many 256K SD cards. At battery or card-change
    time, they were nearly too hot to handle. That was a Shoot, Shift
    target, Shoot, Shift, Shoot, Shift, Shoot, Exchange target for a fresh
    one, Shoot... The Shifts were 3-5 seconds, the Exchanges mostly about
    15 seconds, with an occasional 2-3 minutes for mounting/dismounting a
    model in/from its case.

    Yes, they get hot when they are at work. No, no untoward effects in the
    images or the camera.

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Jun 24, 2004

  3. Stuart Smith

    Stuart Smith Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message news:<cBrCc.31278$>...
    > Stuart Smith wrote:
    > > Hello all - I have a Dimage Xt and I'm mostly happy with it but there
    > > is one thing I've noticed lately - when I use it as a remote camera it
    > > gets very hot to the touch - has anyone else seen this?

    > Something similar (I don't understand "remote" in this context):

    Hi Frank - the Xt can act as a "remote camera" (read: webcam) when you
    plug it in to your computer w/usb.

    > Yes, they get hot when they are at work. No, no untoward effects in the
    > images or the camera.

    I guess the of recording video and sending it to the computer
    constantly for a long time is similarly hard work - Thanks for the
    tip!

    Stuart Smith, Jun 25, 2004