    Is sharpness/contrast or saturation adjustable?
    Any 1st hand experience with it, pro reviews are sparse.
    Thanks in advance for informative posts!

    Jim Spen, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Jim Spen

    Seneca Guest

    I have an Xt and the photos are fine--up to letter size anyway, which is all
    I expect from an ultracompact. Good color and contrast, nice and sharp
    except for the extreme corners which are definitely soft at the shortest
    focal length. In most photos that corner softness goes unnoticed. Excellent
    results with the flash too in mixed light.

    Dunno about the Xg but if it's as good as the Xt, and I presume it is, it
    will be a winner.

    Seneca, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Jim Spen

    Jim Spen Guest

    Can anyone comment on the Xg please, had an Xt and it did not perform, glad
    you think yours does. I must have higher standards for cameras as it is
    and was subpar compared to others IMHO. Glad you are happy with it though,
    thats what matters but it did not answer my questions because you and I
    don't agree
    on the Xt and if it is like that then no winner in my book, thanks but no
    thanks....

    Jim Spen, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Jim Spen

    Frank ess Guest

    Could be.

    Traded your common sense for them, did you?

    Frank ess, Feb 21, 2004
  5. Jim Spen

    Jim Spen Guest

    No I just have eyes and good vision thank you...
    Take a picture outside, green grass, see if you can see
    any blades of grass or details in trees or bushes, can you say F U Z Z
    Y...

    You probably can't since you can only make brainless comments and not add
    anything
    relavant to the question, you might as well post the porn in this group, or
    maybe you already do?

    (if you can see over your shot glass) hotshot!

    Jim Spen, Feb 21, 2004
  6. Jim Spen

    ChuckLysaght Guest

    shhhhhh

    ChuckLysaght, Feb 21, 2004
  7. Jim Spen

    Seneca Guest

    My Xt is not "subpar" by any reasonable standard. I cannot speak to whether
    yours was or not, obviously.

    You're welcome.

    As for user reports on the Xg, that model has just been announced and there
    aren't any actually in stores as far as I can see. So you may just have to
    try to bring your patience up to your other extraordinarily high standards.

    Seneca, Feb 21, 2004
  8. Jim Spen

    Jim Spen Guest

    Rated subpar by myself and others, negative reviews all over the net glad
    you got a "good" one...
    standards.

    Not just my high standards, PLENTY OF NEGATIVE reviews on Amazon.com POOR
    PICTURE
    QUALITY is a common thread. Not that its that terrible, just not good or
    adjustable
    per menu system, if you like its inflexibility and can live with it then
    great. I promise to
    to as patient as my high standards and wait until it is released and we can
    have some official and
    personal reviews, not taking a chance on it...

    Jim Spen, Feb 21, 2004
  9. I tried that again to day, and the answer is "yes" perhaps you have
    finger prints on your lens?

    Ian Robert Walker, Feb 21, 2004
  10. Jim Spen

    Seneca Guest

    [ . . . ]

    Well, looking over all the Amazon reviews I see more rave reviews for the Xt
    than complaining reviews. You will see some complaints about any camera. In
    at least some of the cases the users don't seem to know what they're doing,
    and may get better results when they learn more.

    Frankly, I was surprised to see any negative reviews at all, apart from the
    usual bellyaching about poor flash shots at a distance. Why so many people
    expect a tiny camera with a tiny flash to fill a very large room with light,
    I will never understand. Long before digital cameras came along, you would
    always see this sort of thing at large indoor events, people way back in the
    stands optimistically popping off their little autoflash point-and-shoots.
    Don't they ever learn?

    Here's a paste-in from the exhaustive six-page review of the Xt on Steve's
    Digicams:
    11-inch size. The overall image quality is very good and the equal of much,
    much larger cameras. <<<

    http://steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/dimagext_pg5.html

    The whole review was in very high praise of the Xt.

    This Photoxels.com page also praises and illustrates the image quality of
    the Xt:

    http://www.photoxels.com/minolta_xt_imageQuality.html

    Seneca

    Seneca, Feb 21, 2004