    nothing seems to help.

    Thanks

    Bryan

    bgustin, Feb 4, 2007

  2. bgustin

    ray Guest

    Could that be related to the Sony sensor problem?

    ray, Feb 4, 2007

  3. bgustin

    Pete D Guest

    Time for a new one. You know you want one!

    Pete D, Feb 4, 2007
  4. bgustin

    Bryang Guest

    That looks exactly like the problem. Thank you for the suggestion.

    Bryan

    Bryang, Feb 4, 2007
  5. bgustin

    ray Guest

    If that's the case, I'd contact Sony for two reasons: 1) it's their sensor
    and 2) they bought Minolta.

    ray, Feb 5, 2007
  6. bgustin

    Just D Guest

    When I tested Dimage a few years ago this even new model wasn't able to
    focus. So this guy is lucky that he spent a few years with his Dimage. When
    I figured out the Dimage problems it was switched to Nikon D1 a couple
    months later, it was a huge difference!

    Just D.

    Just D, Feb 5, 2007
  7. bgustin

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Ray:

    Actually, your "reason 1" is invalid. Sony, which has sold sensors to
    numerous manufacturers, isn't legally obligated to provide any support,
    whatsoever, to any of those companies' end users.

    Hence, if Minolta bought OEM parts from Sony, the former is solely
    responsible for warranting them.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 13, 2007
  8. bgustin

    Steven Stone Guest

    |Hence, if Minolta bought OEM parts from Sony, the former is solely
    responsible for warranting them.

    http://ca.konicaminolta.com/

    Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc. ceased the camera business on March
    31, 2006.

    As of April 1st, 2006, Sony Corporation is providing customer service
    for Konica=3Fs, Minolta=3Fs, and Konica Minolta=3Fs cameras (excluding Film-
    In cameras) and camera-related products except for the binoculars.
    For information about customer service, please click =3FContact &
    Repairs=3F.

    For support information, please click=3FSupport=3F.

    http://ca.konicaminolta.com/support/index.html

    Then we get nudged here...

    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?news_id=120&region_id=1

    Sony After-Sales Service and Contact Information for Konica Minolta
    Cameras and Related Products

    Overview

    Effective April 1, 2006, Sony Electronics will be providing service and
    repair of certain Konica-Minolta products in the United States. Sony is
    pleased to provide existing Konica-Minolta customers an excellent
    customer service experience. All terms and conditions of the Konica-
    Minolta products' limited warranty continue to apply.

    Applicable Konica Minolta Products

    "Konica Minolta", "Konica" and "Minolta" brand:

    * Digital single lens reflex cameras
    * Digital cameras
    * Film single lens reflex cameras
    * Film cameras
    * Interchangeable lenses for single lens reflex cameras
    * Camera accessories and accompanying items (except binoculars)
    * Film scanners
    * Meters for photograph

    Service Process for Konica Minolta Products

    * Effective 3/31/06, Consumer Repair requests will no longer be
    accepted by Konica Minolta.
    * Effective 4/1/06, all Consumer Repair requests for Konica Minolta
    Products in the US will be transferred to Sony Electronics Inc.
    * Effective 4/1/06, the Sony Electronics Service web site at
    http://eservice.sony.com can be used to locate a servicer or setup a
    service request for applicable Konica Minolta products.
    * Konica Minolta Technical support phone numbers will remain
    unchanged.
    o Film Product Support: 1-877-646-6582
    o Digital Product Support: 1-877-462-4464
    * Email support is available via at
    http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/emailform-km.pl?template=EN
    * For online support, such as drivers and other documents, Konica-
    Minolta users can also visit
    http://ca.konicaminolta.com/support/index.html.

    Konica Minolta is a registered trademark of Konica Minolta Corporation
    in the United States and/or other countries.

    Steven Stone, Feb 16, 2007
  9. bgustin

    John Turco Guest

    <edited, for brevity>

    Hello, Steve:

    Okay, I >would've< been right, had Sony not purchased Konica Minolta's
    photo division. <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 18, 2007