    Dimage 7Hi other than the Minolta ones.

    Can some one please ponit me to a site or a list.

    Thanks in advance.

    Steve, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Steve

    Mikey Guest

    I'm curious, why not the Minolta flashes? I use the 3600 HSD and its
    powerful, quick to recycle, and works seamlessly with my Dimage 7i, and at
    what I think is a reasonable price.

    Mikey, Oct 22, 2003

  3. I too love my 5600 HSD. It works just as expected with lots of light
    when needed.

    BTW, I've seen discussions on here before and seem to remember that the
    Metz is about the only ones that really have full fuctionality - or
    close to it. Then again, you won't save much money by getting them
    instead.

    Clyde

    Clyde Davidson, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Steve

    NJH Guest

    I'd stay with the Minolta units if I were you.

    The DiMAGE 7 series cameras evidently have a very intricate level of
    coordination with the external flash. Even older Minolta flash units with
    the same shoe (for Maxxum i, xi and si series) are not fully compatible with
    the 7 series cameras. I have four older Maxxum flash units from the 5200i to
    the 5600HS, and still had to get a new D series flash in order to have full
    functionality with my DiMAGE 7 series cameras.

    There are probably some non-Minolta units that will work to some degree, but
    you're likely to be much safer with a Minolta flash. If cost is the issue,
    they have recently brought out a more moderately priced unit, the 2500(D).
    I'd get that before trying to save money with a non-Minolta brand.

    Neil

    NJH, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Thanks for all your advice. ill stick with the Minolta brand, and yes price
    was the issue, they are pretty xie here in Australia.

    Steve.

    Steve, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Steve

    Alan Browne Guest

    Why would you throwaway the advantages of wireless TTL flash? Put out a
    couple 5600HS's and ratio your way to studio like portraits. Powerful
    enough to put behing softboxes (or home made difuser) for a pro look
    that will knock your socks off.

    If you do insist on non-Minolta go to the B&H site. There are flashes
    from Vivitar and Sunpak (and others). Be sure to also get the
    compatible models and moudles if required.

    Alan Browne, Oct 24, 2003
  7. LOL. Real funny, coming from a guy who never used a digital camera.
    And I've seen your crappy portraits (more like snapshots) on Photo.net
    and they really suck!

    SurpriseTeste, Oct 26, 2003