    better?

    Thank you,
    JC

    Janusz Cyran, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Janusz Cyran

    Bill Tuthill Guest

    The 18-200 DT is much slower autofocusing than the 18-70 DT.

    The old Minolta 24-50/4 is an excellent lens at all focal lengths
    but might not go wide enough for partial-frame DSLR.

    Bill Tuthill, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Janusz Cyran

    Janusz Cyran Guest

    The 18-200 DT is much slower autofocusing than the 18-70 DT.
    But is 18-200 DT at least sharper than 18-70 DT?

    Thank you,
    Janusz Cyran

    Janusz Cyran, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Janusz Cyran

    Bill Tuthill Guest

    Probably not. I've heard the 18-200 DT is very soft at the long end,
    but have seen no formal reviews of it.

    The Sigma 18-125 has a good reputation among owners, but it is a Sigma,
    so longevity and future compatibility are uncertain.

    Bill Tuthill, Jan 10, 2006