    installation. I hope that's not the case. At least MS had me
    reactivated within a few minutes on the phone. Anyone has a minimum
    reactivation experience? Just curious ... Frank

    Frank, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Frank

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Disabled the built-in wired LAN on the motherboard and installed a
    It seems to me that all changes are "cumulative"...the more I tinker with a
    system, the closer I get to reactivation. Yes, I've made radical enough
    changes to a system that reactivation was required. But I've not found it to
    be a problem - the MS activation line is painless enough.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Frank

    why? Guest

    Not yet, the link for the reactivation weighting of components has been
    posted before. A NIC IIRC wasn't a minor change.

    Let's search 24HSHD a bit, an old post,

    From: why?
    Subject: Re: Windows XP activation question
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2002-12-02 01:28:08 PST

    the first 2 old links don't work.

    The google search mentioned does see -
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.php
    and there is always the tech document with the device weighting, it's on
    the WPA (activation webpages)
    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation.mspx
    the document is
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...sProductActivationTechnicalMarketBulletin.doc