    Any thoughts? Do any stores allow you to dump and burn to CD? Also, should
    I shoot everything in 3.2 mode for prints of this size?

    Thanks all.

    Bob Huckleby, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Bob Huckleby

    Martik Guest

    640 x 480 Absolute minimum resolution for 4x6
    (results will vary)
    1024 x 768 Minimum recommended resolution for 4x6
    1152 x 864 Minimum recommended resolution for 5x7
    1600 x 1200 Minimum recommended resolution for 8x10

    2MP is 1600x1200 so that's enough for 5x7 w/o much cropping. Most places
    allow dumping to CD

    Martik, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Bob Huckleby

    Bob Williams Guest

    Kinko will download your memory card to a CD for about $10 regardless of
    the size of the memory card. Therefore, you might consider buying 1 x
    256 MB card instead of 2 x 128 MB cards.
    Fill it up with "keepers" (delete mediocre or duplicate images) and have
    Kinko copy it to a CD for $10.

    Avoid saving in .tiff like the plague.
    2288 1520 at HQ would be a good choice for decent 5 x 7s and excellent 4
    x 6s.
    Shooting in 3:2 mode is ideal for 4 x 6 prints (no loss of pixels due to
    cropping) but for 5 x7 prints you would probably be better off shooting
    at 4 :3.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Bob Huckleby

    Bob Williams Guest

    Actually, 2288 x 1520 would produce excellent 5 x 7s and very good 8 x
    10s. I hate to see someone compromise the quality of a fine camera like
    the Oly C4000 by shooting at less than its maximum pixel size, in order
    to save a few bucks on memory cards. You will kick yourself if you
    capture a "killer" photo only to find out you can't print an 8 x 10 at
    high enough quality to frame for your den walls.
    Bob

    Bob Williams, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Bob Huckleby

    Bob Huckleby Guest

    Thanks, it sounds like good advice.

    I can't tell you how impressed I am with the C-4000. I always swore that
    it's Canon or nothing. Now that I've returned my A75 there's no going back.
    The difference is like night and day.

    Bob Huckleby, Jun 5, 2004
  6. Hi Bob, for future reference the largest card you can put in the Olympus
    C4000 is a Smart Media 128 meg. He will have to get 2 X 128 cards.

    Ty

    Tyrone Jackson, Jun 5, 2004
  7. Yes, I have one too. C4000. Stunning photo quality. You will only be able to
    put one 128 meg Smart Media card in the camera at a time. It does not
    support 256 meg SM cards. Actually there is no such thing as a 256 meg SM
    card. It would be nice if there was though.

    Ty

    Tyrone Jackson, Jun 5, 2004
  8. Bob Huckleby

    Bob Williams Guest

    Bob Williams, Jun 5, 2004
  9. Corrected! Thank you!
    Try to find one in a store to try out. Or get a liberal return policy just
    in case it does not work.
    Let us/me know if it works. I'd like higher capacity too.

    Ty

    Tyrone Jackson, Jun 5, 2004
  10. Bob Huckleby

    Bob Huckleby Guest