    i'm getting confuse, by the MS Press book, between the numbers 128Mb and
    64Mb.
    thanks

    indic, May 10, 2008

  2. indic

    John R Guest

    You need the following....

    DirectX 9
    A WDDM Driver
    Hardware Pixel Shader 2.0 support
    32 bit color
    64MB memory

    John R

    John R, May 10, 2008

  3. indic

    John R Guest

    This is from a wiki article...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Aero

    Note that though Microsoft has listed 128 MB of Video RAM as a requirement
    for "Premium Ready" PCs, it does not mean a 128 MB integrated graphics
    processor is required to run the Aero glass theme. A 64 MB integrated
    graphics processor, combined with at least 1 GB of system memory, will be
    able to run Aero at certain resolutions. However, a Vista-specific WDDM
    driver for any given graphics processor is also required to run the Aero
    glass theme; these drivers may or may not be available. Users who believe
    their hardware meets Aero's minimum graphics requirements are encouraged to
    check their graphics processor manufacturer's website for a Vista-specific
    driver if they are unable to run the theme.

    John R

    John R, May 12, 2008