    elaich Guest

    Watch out, the the governmnet can keep track of you. By IPs like cars
    licesences.

    elaich, Jul 31, 2005

  2. Damn [email protected]

    Top (retired), Jul 31, 2005

  3. Surprised she didn't say celery instead of celeron.
    Top

    Top (retired), Jul 31, 2005
  4. Mike T.

    Saddles Guest

    Of course it's a gag (I hope!). If anybody doubts this then it could only
    be one of the following scenarios.

    1. She's in earnest. In blind man's land a one-eye man is king. She's
    facinated by computers, may have half-learned a few things and is now twice
    as expect as many, many people in this world. some of whom appreciated her
    "Computers for Mummies" approach.

    She could easily get 400 emails though, many of them asking tongue-in-cheek
    questions, but she may not be able to detect the sarcasm.

    2. It's scam. But if it is, then I thought it would have done better..
    Only 25 dollars and change?! I've seen people rake in money by simply
    posting "Send me money. You won't be sorry". the numbers game, know: one
    born every .....

    Neh. It's a gag. I love the donation list.....

    Saddles, Aug 1, 2005
  5. Mike T.

    DC Guest

    Anyone visited the link lately? }:O)

    DC, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Mike T.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Now THAT'S funny <g>! I wonder what's really up...

    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005
    <Snort>

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 1, 2005
  8. The link went around (and not just in this group), and the site
    disappeared. I know at least one person emailed the "author" about the
    crap she had there. :)

    Now what?

    <clickety>

    Yowp. :)

    I must inform the folks in that other group I took the Judy Site to,
    earlier. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 2, 2005
  9. Mike T.

    Top Guest

    Reminded me a troll. It is hard to believe that someone actually
    believed what she had on that page. It was like s/he was trying to get
    any reaction possible.

    Top

    Top, Sep 2, 2005
  10. You overestimate the technical savvy of 98% of the people who browse
    the web, Top.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 2, 2005
  11. Mike T.

    DC Guest

    Please unsubscribe me from this list. Thank you.

    DC, Sep 2, 2005
  12. Mike T.

    DC Guest

    I missed the original page. Musta been a hoot.

    DC, Sep 2, 2005
  13. <click> Okay. You can't see this, right?

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 2, 2005
  14. Damn! Neither the waybackmachine or Google cache has it. Damn!

    It was a "here's how computers work" page that said, among other things
    I can't remember, that "CPU" was another word for "motherboard", and
    that every hard drive has an IP number that lets the government read
    what's on it.

    It was a horribly constructed page, as well, and that's part of what
    makes me think it wasn't satire (which has to *look* creditable) and
    was instead a site driven entirely by a stupidium reactor.

    And by the way, "stupidium reactor" does not show any hits on Google or
    Google Groups. I score again. GOOOOOOOOAL! :)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 2, 2005
  15. Mike T.

    clot Guest

    I think Stupidium could catch on - I like the term! Watch out Blinky,
    someone has some tasty bait out tonight. At least from a couple of
    results. You know how painful it can be? Think of your attractiveness to
    the ladies - or may be the female of your species likes the scars in the
    upper lip? :)

    clot, Sep 2, 2005
  16. It should bring a high price from the AOL crowd and the GG posters, at
    very least.
    We I have them convinced that those are battle injuries. From the wars
    with the giant squids. They all love a warrior. Arrrrr.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 2, 2005
  17. Mike T.

    clot Guest

    :)