    or bad feedback. I figure though for 20 bucks, I couldn't go wrong.

    Thanks,
    Scott.

    Scott, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Scott

    JD Guest

    that's the one I used. It's short and to the point (not like the other 700+
    page book that made me fall asleep). I already had the experience so it was
    just a matter of reviewing critical stuff. Just be sure to work on some
    practice questions and you'll be okay.

    JD, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Scott

    Richard Guest

    Scott,

    I picked up this book about a week ago. I think's it's perfect for
    the "average" to "above-average" wannabe tech-guy who wants to pass
    the A+. I'm actually taking a class right now at Ed2Go.com, the
    instructor is Scott Jernigan who helps to edit a lot of the material
    found in Mike Meyers' certification books. I've found that much of
    the same language, examples, phrases, and lingo in the class are also
    found in the Passport book. I highly recommend it.

    Richard

    Richard, Jun 27, 2004

  4. Hi Richard,

    If you don't mind my asking, which course are you currently taking? I
    work on most of Scott's online courses as an editor, so as you might
    imagine, I like to hear how people like them. Just curious!

    At any rate, I'm glad you're enjoying our latest edition of the A+
    Passport. That's the book I keep handy for those times when I need
    quick reference info ...

    Cheers,

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com

    ps: You can check out the Acknowledgements of that edition to learn
    one of my many nicknames. ;-)

    Cindy Clayton, Jun 28, 2004
  5. Scott

    Scott Guest

    If this book was published in Dec. of 2003, why was XP excluded from this
    book?

    Scott.

    Scott, Jun 29, 2004
  6. Scott

    Chris Guest

    I also bought this book for studying purposes for the A+ and overall I
    was very happy with it but I found it a little disconcerning when I
    wrote the Core exam and I was hit with 3 ISDN specific questions and 4
    wireless networking questions. In the book the wireless section is
    listed as in the Operating Systems section so I didn't really
    concentrate on it . Also I couldn't find any in depth info on ISDN
    types and speeds in the core section of the book when I looked back
    through. Not a big deal but for those heading into the test you may
    want to consider the wireless section of the book required reading for
    the Core test as well as the OS and dig up some info on ISDN
    connection types and speeds.

    Chris, Jun 29, 2004
  7. Scott

    bobG Guest

    Edit Grrl!! ;-)

    Hi there. I have just completed the full 3 course selection of A+
    classes with Scott. I'm planning on some review time, and sitting the
    exams in July.

    I thought the courses were well presented, and worthwhile. For the
    most part, factually correct, although we did have to keep Scott on
    his toes with the web gurus a few times correcting errors. Good
    format, good pace, and I liked the discussion area.

    I used the AIO 5th to go along with the class, and also now have the
    Passport 2nd ed for review. Also got the 1100 practice questions with
    vouchers. Nice deal, that. With the LearnKey practice exam, it makes a
    nice review package.

    Thanks for your efforts in the body of work.

    Bob

    bobG, Jun 30, 2004
  8. Scott

    bobG Guest

    Are you looking at the 2nd ed? Mine has several references and
    sections devoted to XP. Not as much as in the All In One 5th ed, but
    it's there.

    Bob

    bobG, Jun 30, 2004
  9. Scott

    Scott Guest

    I haven't really got my book yet, (Tomorrow I hope) I a just going on the
    description given at Amazon.com. That is great if it does have XP. In the
    description it just said it went up to win 2000.

    Scott.

    Scott, Jun 30, 2004
  10. Scott

    bobG Guest

    Chris-

    Thanks for the head up. I'm getting ready to write the Core in a
    couple of weeks. I'll definitely look up ISDN info before then.

    Bob

    bobG, Jun 30, 2004

  11. Hi Bob,

    I'm glad you've enjoyed the online A+ courses ... we gave them a
    complete overhaul a little over six months ago, so by now most of the
    kinks are worked out. Glad to have folks like you in there, ironing
    out the last wrinkles and bringing good questions to the discussion
    areas.

    As for my efforts in the body of work, you have no idea ... ;-)
    It's good to be appreciated by readers/students as well as by my
    worthy colleagues.

    Anyway, good luck with those exams this month! My best advice is to
    *review like crazy.* When you start dreaming about the steps in the
    laser printing process, or about the list of classic IRQ assignments,
    you'll know you're ready.

    Cheers,

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com

    Cindy Clayton, Jul 1, 2004
  12. Scott

    bobG Guest

    Cindy Clayton wrote:

    When you start dreaming about the steps in the
    laser printing process, or about the list of classic IRQ assignments,
    you'll know you're ready.

    Can Cathy Write Down The Facts & Some Kids Can't Communicate Lust
    From Love Regularly (+ PS/2 mouse mathco primary secondary)

    Well, I must be close, then. I HAVE been dreaming this stuff lately,
    and also running troubleshooting scenarios in my sleep as well. ;-)

    Bob

    bobG, Jul 3, 2004