    Is there a hack allowing to install a device on 64 vista using a 32 bit driver?
    More specific: Install a TWAIN (32 bit) supported scanner without a 64 bit
    driver on vista 64?

    Taz, Feb 3, 2008

  2. Taz

    philo Guest

    No the drivers need to be compiled specifically for a the 64bit architecture

    philo, Feb 3, 2008

  3. Taz

    Taz Guest

    10x for the A.
    I need to support a GL842 based scanner on vista 64.
    Scanner is currently supported on 32 bit systems via TWAIN.
    Scanner has satellite apps for imaging (32 bit), which are highly coupled to
    driver and it's TWAIN DS.
    I saw that there is no TWAIN DSM (or will ever) be available for vista 64.
    What is the quickest path to support the device (and satellite apps)?

    1. Can I get by with INF manipulations and the (potentially revised) 32 bit
    driver?
    2. If not: Must I implement a 64 bit driver for the scanner?
    3. If yes: can I get by with STI (or full WIA required)?

    The way I see it, I am pretty much headed for a new 64 bit STI driver to
    host my 32 bit TWAIN DS....
    Am I right?
    Shlomi

    Taz, Feb 3, 2008
  4. Dominic Payer, Feb 3, 2008
  5. Taz

    philo Guest

    If the mfg cannot provide 64bit Vista drivers...
    then you will not be able to use it...that simple.

    However...if Vista does pick up the scanner
    but it's simply a matter of the bundled software not working...
    then the scanner will in-fact be usable and can be used with other imaging
    software that has
    "acquire" capability

    philo, Feb 3, 2008
  6. Taz

    Taz Guest

    There are only a few hundreds out there, I am not sure if anybody knows it....
    it's a (KeyScan) "KS810".

    Taz, Feb 3, 2008
  7. Taz

    Taz Guest

    do you mean a WIA/STI driver ?

    Taz, Feb 3, 2008
  8. Dominic Payer, Feb 3, 2008
  9. Taz

    philo Guest

    Looks like you got a reply on that already...
    in case it did not show up on your server...they said that there is
    currently no driver...
    but the mfg should be comming out with one soon

    philo, Feb 3, 2008