    Anne Guest

    need a good FREE prog tht will convert midi files to mp3 files

    Anne

    Anne, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Anne

    beenthere Guest

    http://aitech.ac.jp/~ckelly/midi/help/midi-players.html#ibm

    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    If you don`t have a Midi player, go to the first reference,
    and select one.
    That will play your Midi file.
    The second reference is for Audacity, a sound\recorder.
    Get them set up next to each other on your screen, then..
    Start Audacity to record, and fire up the Midi player.
    This will give you a clean recording of the original Midi file.

    Midi files are actually data files, and that data is delivered
    by the Midi player to your soundcard, which plays the notes.

    A one program conversion is a pain in the back end.

    beenthere, Jun 8, 2006

  3. Anne

    thanatoid Guest

    Perhaps it should have been mentioned that the resulting
    recording will (probably, NF with Audacity) - or should be - in
    the wav format and then you can convert it to whatever bit rate
    of mp3 you want (or to any other format - whether in Audacity if
    it has a conversion capacity or in another converter -
    dBPowerAmp is very good for conversions, and free).

    I certainly agree all-in-one programs are a real drag.

    thanatoid, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Anne

    Anne Guest

    Thank you both