    Rob

    Graphic Designer - Dreamsite Web Media

    http://www.dreamsite.co.uk

    Rob, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Rob

    Richard Guest

    When that happens I'm sure the creator will become an instant billionaire.
    MIDI is digital where MP3 is analog.
    Midi relies on digital referencing of audio. Where MP3 is the real thing.
    Although a few attempts have been made, none have truly mastered the
    process.
    Midi is just to complicated to convert a musical piece which may contain
    several hundred instruments and dozens of voices.

    Richard, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Rob

    paul s Guest

    The only ones I know of are Intelliscore and Widi, they ain't free but I
    think there there is a couple of trial versions to see if they're suitable

    http://www.intelliscore.net/
    http://www.allformp3.com/mp3_other/wid.htm

    paul s, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Cheers Paul, Ill try the trial versions first mate

    Rob, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Rob

    Michael Guest

    There's WIDI...

    http://www.widisoft.com/

    And you can hear samples of its output at:
    http://www.widisoft.com/english/examples.html

    It's excellent with single instruments that have simple voices, but it's not
    too good at picking complex sound apart.

    There's Intelliscore as well...

    http://www.intelliscore.net/

    And you and find samples of its output at the bottom off the page at:
    http://www.intelliscore.net/download.html

    It doesn't seem to me to be any better at the job, but this might be an
    artifact due to the type of pieces used for the samples.

    There's Digital Ear, an *excellent* system that allows considerable fine
    control, though like the others, it's still limited in what it can do with
    complex sound...

    http://www.digital-ear.com/digital-ear/index.html

    Samples at:
    http://www.digital-ear.com/digital-ear/midi.htm

    There's also Solo Explorer, much the same as Digital Ear...

    http://www.recognisoft.com/

    Samples at: http://www.recognisoft.com/cgi-bin/main.cgi?id=31&lan=en

    That's what I've found. None of it's "free", but a couple have demos you
    can try out, and none are hugely expensive.

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 24, 2003
  6. Rob

    Jimchip Guest

    The 'Wisdom' of Richard Bullis. "the real thing"...LOL

    Jimchip, Jul 24, 2003