    Ideas? This problem has persisted on this PC through the last few
    updates of FIREFOX.

    Currently running 1.0 on WinXP.

    F_r_a_n_k__P_a_n_u_c_c_i, Jan 14, 2005

  2. F_r_a_n_k__P_a_n_u_c_c_i

    someone Guest

    You & I are near twins (WinXP, FF1, Logitech scroll mouse here) I have
    none of Logitech software installed but the 3rd button sometimes works
    (not just in FF) the scroll button *always* works & I'm glad, should I be ?
    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    someone, Jan 14, 2005

  3. F_r_a_n_k__P_a_n_u_c_c_i

    someone Guest

    WinXP = Windows XP, FF1 = Firefox version 1.0, hope were on the same
    page (*don't) put anything below the "--"

    someone, Jan 14, 2005
  4. F_r_a_n_k__P_a_n_u_c_c_i

    Travis Evans Guest

    This fixed a similar problem I was having:

    1. Type "about:config" (without the quotation marks) into the address
    bar (where you normally type websites) and press Enter.

    2. In the "filter" box, type "mousewheel" without quotation marks (if
    you're using the TBE extension, you may need to press Enter after this,
    too.) The list of options below should change.

    3. Find the option named "mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action" in
    the list and double-click it.

    4. You should get a box that lets you type a number.

    - If you want it to scroll left and right instead of going back and
    forward, type 0.

    - If you don't want it to do anything, type any number except 0, 1,
    2, or 3 (for example, type 4 or 5).

    5. Click OK.

    The change should take effect immediately.

    Hope that helps.

    --
    Travis

    [My email address listed is valid, but may change from time to time to
    reduce spam. When emailing me, please check one of my recent Usenet
    messages to make sure you are using the current address; otherwise, I
    may not receive your message.]

    Travis Evans, Jan 14, 2005
  5. That seems to have tamed it. Thanks! The pages no longer go forward
    and backward in the history if I jiggle the mouse while scrolling with
    the wheel.

    F_r_a_n_k__P_a_n_u_c_c_i, Jan 14, 2005