    one.
    Thanks,
    Richard

    me, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Hi, you either need to find a mouse with a middle button, or if your
    mouse has a scroll wheel, you can sometimes push that in, and use it as
    a middle button.

    To get around it with your current mouse, if you hold down Ctrl and
    left-click, Firefox will treat it as a middle click.

    Cheers

    Scott

    Scott McCarthy, Sep 21, 2004

  3. and don't forget that some have 5 buttons.

    Andreas

    Panjandrum -- http://www.bartleby.com/61/47/P0044700.html

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Sep 21, 2004
  4. me

    Moz Champion Guest

    And others only have one <g>
    Right click is as foreign to most Mac users as middle click is to the
    orginal OP

    Moz Champion, Sep 21, 2004
  5. me

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Do people still use mice ? Trackballs for the future :)

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Sep 21, 2004
  6. me

    Chaos Master Guest

    me says:
    My mouse driver allows me to click with the 2 buttons at the same time.

    It gives the same effect as middle click. Maybe your driver allows this too?
    --
    Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
    "Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix. I don't think

    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain

    The Evanescen(t/ce) HP: http://marreka.no-ip.com

    Chaos Master, Sep 22, 2004
  7. me

    Moz Champion Guest

    Mice are still in use, as a trackballs, cursor pads (trackpads), stylus
    pads, almost every type of input device you've ever heard of and then some.

    It all depends on your personal 'style' and what you have become
    accusstommed to.

    Moz Champion, Sep 22, 2004
  8. me

    .brian. Guest

    LOL. You can say that with a straight face?

    You must not ever open your eyes <g> Because I'm positive if you look
    around most computer have a mouse... not a stupid, awkward trackball.

    It's all personal preference... but I bet my mouse is quicker and more
    accurate than that trackball you use. I can't imagine do graphic work
    with a trackball... or even something as simple as playing a FPS type game.

    .brian., Sep 23, 2004
  9. me

    Travis Evans Guest

    I haven't tried a trackball, but I always thought trackballs would allow
    more accurate movement than mice, because the muscles in the thumb and
    fingers are finely tuned for precise movement, probably more so than the
    ones in the forearm and wrists. They wouldn't require quite as much
    space, either (you have to have space to move a mouse around; trackballs
    don't move).

    Or, maybe it's primarily a matter of how used to something you are
    (probably someone who's been using a trackball for years would be more
    efficient than someone who is using a mouse for the very first time, for
    instance.)

    I've always wanted to try one of those stylus pads, though. :) That
    would be cool for drawing.

    Travis Evans, Sep 27, 2004
  10. me

    Pun Krocker Guest

    LOL, well I have used one for 3 years now and find it faster for me (M$
    Trackball Optical).

    Brian, I could not draw before so the trackball won't make me any worse
    LMAO

    Cheers

    Pun Krocker, Sep 27, 2004
  11. me

    Keith Bowes Guest

    IIRC, you can press both left and right buttons at the same time to
    simulate middle clicking.

    Keith Bowes, Oct 4, 2004