    makes it suitable for ISO approval. Durusau has called for standards
    advocates to "foster coevolution" between OOXML and ODF in order to
    encourage more interoperability."

    impossible, Apr 2, 2008

  2. impossible

    impossible Guest

    Has what wrong?

    impossible, Apr 2, 2008

  3. impossible

    impossible Guest

    impossible, Apr 2, 2008
  4. impossible

    impossible Guest

    impossible, Apr 2, 2008
  5. impossible

    impossible Guest

    Indeed. But since so many ODF lobbyists here have approvingly cited
    Updegrove over the past 2 years, I thought his declaration of surrender
    would be considered more reliable.

    Anyway, you were saying Ars Technica got it wrong. How so?

    impossible, Apr 2, 2008
  6. impossible

    peterwn Guest

    Seems that Durusua became a bit schizophrenic after being caught
    between a rock and a hard place. He cannot be blamed for this,
    Microsoft can dish out some pretty horrendous Mafia like punishments
    to those who upset it. The stockwhip shown in recent Microsoft ads is
    no joke. Durusa does not want it (figuratively) wrapped around his
    backside.

    Anyway I think Durusua appreciates in the back of his mind that OOXML
    is not going anywhere. There is utterly no need for ODF / OOXML
    interoperability, since no one will be implementing OOXML anyway.

    Anyway, at the end of the day it seems that Microsoft is likely to be
    hoist by its own petard in its push to have OOXML adopted as a
    Standard.

    See:
    http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/DFE3C11047741AFACC25741F003379BD

    "Microsoft's ISO win may worsen antitrust woes"
    "Claims of foul play in the voting process may come back to haunt the
    software giant"

    peterwn, Apr 3, 2008