    Mandy Guest

    ABV=((76.08)(OG-FG)/(1.775-OG))(FG/.794)

    How do I enter this formal into a Microsoft Word Spreadsheet?

    Mandy, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Mandy

    SgtMinor Guest

    When is this assignment due?

    SgtMinor, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Mandy

    Mandy Guest

    It is a formula for calculating Alcohol by Volume (ABV), by taking the
    original and final gravity readings (OG and FG). I want to be able to take
    the OG and FG and plug them into a spreadsheet to get the alcohol content.

    Mandy, Oct 19, 2005
  4. Mandy

    Yddap Guest

    In
    with your left hand !

    Yddap, Oct 19, 2005
  5. Mandy

    SgtMinor Guest

    This assumes you'll be using Excel - given your formula
    ABV=((76.08)(OG-FG)/(1.775-OG))(FG/.794):

    Write the value for OG in cell A1, for FG in B1, and then, in any other
    cell, type your formula: 76.08*(A1-B1)/(1.775-A1)*(B1/.794)

    If you want it a bit fancier, type the Terms "Original Gravity" in A1,
    "Final Gravity" in B1, and "Alcohol by Volume" in C1. Then enter the
    actual values in cells A2 and B2, and the formula in cell C2. You'll
    need the cell references for A1 to A2, etc. in the above formula.

    Now, when you change the values for OG and/or FG you read out the new
    ABV immediately.

    SgtMinor, Oct 19, 2005
  6. Mandy

    SgtMinor Guest

    Read: You'll need to change the cell references for A1 to A2, and B1 to
    B2 in the above formula.

    SgtMinor, Oct 19, 2005
  7. Mandy

    Martik Guest

    Don't forget the = sign in front of the formula.

    Buy a hydrometer!

    Martik, Oct 19, 2005
  8. Mandy

    gordon Guest

    Word is NOT a spreadsheet. You can do simple calculations in a Word
    document, but for complex calculations you need Excel which IS a
    spreadsheet.

    gordon, Oct 19, 2005
    Or Open Office, which is a heckuvalot cheaper than MS Office.

    The Old Sourdough, Oct 19, 2005
  10. Mandy

    gordon Guest

    Absolutely! Guess what I use.........

    gordon, Oct 19, 2005
  11. gordon wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    OO rooolz!!11!!

    (At least, it does everything *I* need it to do.)

    The Old Sourdough, Oct 20, 2005