    order to accept information? I feel as though Microsoft needs to know
    what I'm printing, and obviously, it's none of their damned business.
    Thanks for any insight.

    rfdjr1, Oct 25, 2004

  2. rfdjr1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Do you really think Microsoft is watching you?

    pcbutts1, Oct 26, 2004

  3. rfdjr1

    gb Guest

    Because the information you are copying *is* on the internet. So, for Word
    to retrieve the information, it needs to connect to the net.

    How else did you think it would get it?

    gb, Oct 28, 2004
  4. rfdjr1

    Max Guest

    Well, that doesn't make any sense.
    When the OP copies the information, he is in the browser -- which has
    already loaded the information, and it is being shown onscreen. it goes
    from the browser to the clipboard and from there should be simply
    pasted into the next application.

    Word should not know, check, or care what the source of the information
    was -- it should simply accept the content from the clipboard and add
    it to the document file.

    Or do you think there is some other kind of copy-and-paste operation
    going on here, like a 'publish-and-subscribe' operation?
    OP?
    Was this copied right out of a loaded browser window? Was it a URL?

    Max, Oct 28, 2004