    currently many common add-ins for Office will not function in the 64-bit
    edition.â€

    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=7587>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 9, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Jason Guest

    Seems to be sound reasoning and a responsible take on it from MS.
    I'd be looking at you own office suite if I were you the spell check is
    definitely suspect.

    Jason, Mar 9, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    LOL!

    An "edition" of software.

    What do they think they're selling? Newspapers???

    Sweetpea, Mar 9, 2010
  4. And “Ubuntu Netbook Remix†is a music track, perhaps?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 9, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    But it is an indictment on the creators of the add-in's. Their code
    base must be in a mess if they cannot readily compile 64-bit binaries.

    peterwn, Mar 9, 2010
  6. In message <d17468d4-ffb4-41e9-b086-
    That’s a general characteristic of proprietary software, have you noticed:
    it has a great deal of trouble supporting additional platforms. The reason
    is probably that one company has to bear the entire burden of acquiring all
    the necessary experience on the new platform, manage the QA etc. Also I
    think they use proprietary build systems, probably hacked together in-house,
    that were never really designed for cross-platform use.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 9, 2010
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    I never said they were. Of course MiS cannot control what the add-on
    creators do, and I agree with Jason's comment.

    peterwn, Mar 10, 2010
  8. “You own†... SOMEBODY’s spell check is definitely suspect. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 10, 2010
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    You mean his grammar checker...

    Simon, Mar 10, 2010
  10. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Brocker Guest

    I know but I couldn't resist leaving it in.

    Brocker, Mar 10, 2010