    $49-99 was the standard price and he didn't even know there was a
    special offer on at the moment.

    Anyone know for sure when the special pricing is ending?

    Guest, Dec 11, 2012

  2. Guest

    Dave Doe Guest

    Offer valid from October 26, 2012 until January 31, 2013 and is limited
    to five upgrade licenses per customer.

    .... from MS NZ site.

    Dave Doe, Dec 11, 2012

  3. If you do some Net reading W8 is a Dog and is not selling at all, its
    been rated as Vista..

    Frank Williams, Dec 12, 2012
  4. Guest

    Richard Guest

    I dont see the point in upgrading a working good 7 desktop computer to
    it at the moment, but on the all in one touchscreen machines it is
    bloody awesome.

    Richard, Dec 12, 2012
  5. Guest

    mick.sturbes Guest

    Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it, personally I think it is dead in the water ..

    mick.sturbes, Jan 29, 2013
  6. Guest

    mick.sturbes Guest

    Wait a while until the price falls even more, or just don't bother, it is not selling at all, my personal prediction is that it is dead in the water ..

    mick.sturbes, Jan 29, 2013
  7. Guest

    bugalugs Guest

    The "Special Price" is $19.99 if you have bought a machine since about
    July with Windows 7 installed. I think you have to register for a code
    by 31 Jan and downloaded and installed by mid Feb.

    bugalugs, Jan 29, 2013
  8. Guest

    John Little Guest

    Wishful thinking I'm afraid. My daughters' school has standardized on Win
    8, to the point of pressuring those with existing computers to install it,
    and those with ipads to trade them in.

    Regards, John

    John Little, Jan 29, 2013
  9. Crazy stuff which should be resisted. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jan 29, 2013
  10. The OS *Should* be irrelevant. File types should be standardised. And yes,
    to non proprietary open doc ones. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jan 29, 2013

  11. Schools just don't know a thing.

    In one school in the UK they replaces all laptops with Tablets, they
    then found that MS Office did not work as that is a standard, IT
    managers in schools can be utter dick heads..

    William Brown, Jan 30, 2013
  12. You might very well think that ... I couldn't possibly comment. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jan 30, 2013
  13. Guest

    victor Guest

    Where's their freedom ?