    Guest Guest

    I cannot get it to work, and I if I try installing the realtek driver for it
    my computer reboots in the middle of the install... Help would be apreciated

    Guest, Aug 11, 2005

  2. Guest

    Alex Griffin Guest

    You need a patch from MS to fix the silly UAA Bus Driver:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/901105?

    I just ditched the on board Realtek and went for an Audigy 2 ZS, not because
    of this issue, but the onboard Realteks are sort of like Winmodem's in that
    they off load their processing on to the CPU. Since turning the blighter off
    makes my CPU about 1-2 degrees cooler, and as a bonus the Audigy sounds
    better :)

    Good luck.

    Alex Griffin, Aug 12, 2005