  1. Donchano

    Gordon Guest

    So have they even thought about it?

    Gordon, Aug 4, 2012

  2. Donchano

    Gordon Guest

    Not from what I have read. Remember Ms 8 is about world domination on
    everything you use.

    it is going to be interesting to see if her can win over that R2D2 look
    alike.
    The novelity value, to the bottom line.
    To think that the great invention which a man who spent most of his life
    teaching deaf people to speak. Has now reached it point in history, of not
    being useful.
    Yep. Still it is English yes? For us English speaking folks.
    Case closed.
    Yahoo is part of Telecom. Well, it to be expected. Enjoy the break.

    Gordon, Aug 4, 2012

    Probably? the lawsuit they would face would be in the trillions.

    Robin Halligan, Aug 4, 2012
  4. Donchano

    Enkidu Guest

    Almost certainly.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 4, 2012
  5. Donchano

    Enkidu Guest

    They will keep doing it (for XP) so long as there is a *significant*
    number of XP users out there.
    XP will fade away - support will gradually go away. That doesn't mean
    that you have to stop using it. The reason that the companies change
    things is to make more money of course!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 4, 2012
  6. Donchano

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Geopelia wrote:
    [snip]
    As the 'list owner' of a Yahoo group I got an email a couple of months back
    from Yahoo saying that they were discontinuing the 'old-style' email lists
    and warning me to grab any data that I might want to keep.

    Apparently hardly anyone uses them anymore, instead using facebook groups
    and the like. I think the Yahoo mail-out said they were going to offer some
    flash - bling updated format group system, I don't recall.

    My point? The (Yahoo) pigeon group is (likely) no more. Ceased to exsist.
    Shucked off this mortal coil. Pining for the fjiords..... Or would that be
    the parrot group?
    --
    Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Aug 5, 2012
  7. They have a good record with law suits (in Eurpoe among other places). They
    have what is known in the trade a s a large war chest.
    Would it be ethical/legal ? No.

    Would they try it ? ... if they thought they could get away with it ...
    absolutely. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Aug 6, 2012
  8. Donchano

    Geopelia Guest

    I haven't caught up here for a while.

    Yahoo has sorted out the pigeon group now. It looks different, but I now get
    a daily digest again.
    (Aren't we lucky here that we don't have raccoons, snakes and bears
    molesting the aviaries!)

    Geopelia, Aug 21, 2012

  9. No we have Human idiots instead

    Frank Williams, Aug 21, 2012
  10. Donchano

    Geopelia Guest

    The ones that killed all those parrots down South should be out of jail
    soon.
    It will be up to the public what happens then.
    Unless the Curse got any of them. But who believes in such things today?

    Geopelia, Aug 21, 2012
  11. Donchano

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Hi Geo, good to 'see' you. :)
    Yep, I understand that, it happens from time-to-time.
    Well swtrictly speaking 'Yahoo' haven't sorted it out, the registered list
    owners would have set it up again according to Yahoo's new format. I was a
    Yahoo list co-owner and got an email telling me that I'd have to re-register
    the group and migrate the 'archives' over if I so desired. Failure to do so
    would have meant the group vanished. So it's the people who run the group
    that you have to thank, not yahoo per se.

    (The group that I was 'co-owner' of had been so quiet for a long time that I
    didn't bother to do anything - now it doesn't exist anymore and all of the
    archives are gone so I assume that the other two co-owners also chose to not
    migrate to the new format.)
    We are lucky in lots of other ways too - and not so lucky in others. I think
    that, bi-and-large, <g> it all balances out in the end.

    Best regards,

    ~misfit~, Aug 23, 2012
  12. Donchano

    Geopelia Guest

    Seals coming into offices and whales calving off Browns Bay!
    Whatever next? Pukekos in Parliament?
    Now there's a thought!

    Geopelia, Aug 24, 2012