  1. Guest

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    You are C-P's sock and I claim my two-fifty.

    FrisbeeĀ®, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Guest

    Neil Guest

    and bypass the toboggan completely?

    Neil, Jul 8, 2005

  3. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Sorry, the toboggans are unavailable. They're using them to pull around the
    Trabis.

    JaR, Jul 8, 2005
  4. Guest

    Neil Guest

    fine, I'll just take my Red Flyer and go home...

    Neil, Jul 8, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Two options:
    Every helpdesk that I've see where pretty helpless that would never survive
    1 year's experience in real networking. I don't see that as helping.

    I don't think there are a lot of orgs out there that are willing to accept a
    green rookie with no experience to run their infrastructure. Maybe a college
    if the student is studying IT but even then they'd get no real work, just
    grunt work.

    Sorry Ben, I don't memorize the questions but the next time I see one, I'll
    e-mail you.

    Back to my original question, why are MS tests designed this way. I'm
    guessing everyone here but Ben understands what I mean. My MS server
    experience is greater then my Cisco routing experience. Mostly because I
    change permissions and create accounts more often then I need to change
    firewall filtering rules or alter how routing updates are sent out on the
    network.

    Cisco tests are also multiple choice as well. Why is it that I can pass the
    Cisco test (which a lot more straight forward and clear BTW) easily and not
    the MS exams?!? So my original question, why does MS do this? What is the
    point? I doubt it's an accident.

    Guest, Jul 9, 2005
  6. Guest

    Ben Smith Guest

    Please do, examples really help.
    Ok - I am a veteran of 34 MCP exams, a couple Cisco and Novell exams,
    and many other one offs, like CISSP. I have also created exams here at
    Microsoft and at CompTIA (I was the original Chair of Security+).

    I can assure you that there is no great conspiracy to make questions
    tricky - in fact just the opposite. I know that items are sometimes
    awkwardly worded (if you have ever taken a beta exam you certainly have
    seen this) and sometimes the scenarios are a bit contrived - but the
    items are rigorously examined for fairness, but qualitatively and
    quantitatively.

    Ben Smith, Jul 9, 2005