    In an empassioned speech on UseNet, Briscobar told millions that
    "braindumping should be [used if] your ...wish is to become certified".

    kp "muddy waters" g

    kpg, Jul 8, 2005

  2. But if no one will hire you as a 'rookie' and would rather hire the
    person with all the experience then what is the 'rookie' to do? How are
    they going to get the experience needed to land a good job? The certs
    help with that for sure.
    It seems like a circle that never really ends.
    The tests are hard and people have found ways around that so they can
    pass them, which then the tests are made harder again. This makes it
    impossible for an honest person to study and pass the tests.
    I realise that on the job training and experience is the best way to go
    along with the classes and study work, but how can one get it if nobody
    will hire them? Especially with out the certs.

    Jackie.A.Park, Jul 8, 2005

  3. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    This has been hashed and re-hashed ad nauseum.
    Apparently it does end. How do you think the "experienced" ones got their
    experience? If this was a circle that never ended, then when the
    "experienced" techs died or retired (hopefully not in that order) there'd be
    nobody left to take their places.

    Two options:

    1) VOLUNTEER and take no pay, but gain experience. Being a University of
    Tennessee graduate does not qualify in this instance.

    2) Lower your standards and take a position at help desk. This is where
    experience can be had, and while you're not getting paid a lot, you are
    getting paid.

    --
    Fris "Official MCNGP Guidance Counselor" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!

    http://www.mcngp.com

    Frisbee®, Jul 8, 2005
  4. Guest

    Neil Guest

    right then, Sound off...

    "1"

    Neil, Jul 8, 2005
  5. Guest

    kpg Guest

    But if no one will hire you as a 'rookie' and would rather hire the
    <ad nauseum>
    It's a classic Catch-22.

    Need the cert. to get the job.
    Need the job to get the experience.
    Need the experience to get the cert.

    But there is an answer - but you won't like it.

    The MSCE Cert. is for experienced professionals. So how do
    you get experience? You take a low-level, low paying job (help
    desk, desktop support, junior flunky, whatever) and you put in
    your time - all the while studying and learning and outperforming
    your rivals.

    I have an analogy:

    Ask anyone and they will tell you that they would like a million
    dollars. But here's the catch - what they really want is to spend
    a million dollars, not earn it! Earning it is hard work and could
    take years. Well, that's life (for most of us), so the sooner you
    come to grips with that the better.

    In general you will not be able to get the cert. and then go get that
    dream IT job. That's a myth. Don't get me wrong, there are dream
    jobs out there, in IT and other fields, but the cert. alone will not get
    it for you.

    We (the IT community) need to go back to the fundamentals and
    recognize the MSCE for what it is. A certification of existing skill,
    developed over time by working in the field, studying, and being
    mentored.

    Now, what to do about the stupid HR departments? Well my favorite
    job-hunting book (WCIYP) tells us to bypass them altogether. They
    are designed to NOT let you through to see the person that has the
    authority to hire you. Now IT is different from some other fields in
    that motivation, desire, and intelligence alone will not make you capable
    of managing XYZ Corps global network.

    It all comes back to experience. If you have it the cert. is optional.
    If you don't the cert. is meaningless. That's the real catch-22.
    <\ad nauseum>

    kpg, Jul 8, 2005
  6. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    right then, Sound off...

    B!

    Jtyc, Jul 8, 2005
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    http://www.phoenix5.org/humor/mcdonalds.html

    Neil, Jul 8, 2005
  8. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    That much at least is ovbvious. If it were otherwise, the cheatsheet
    venders and dump sites would not exist. QED

    JaR, Jul 8, 2005
  9. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:
    Twenty-two!

    JaR, Jul 8, 2005
  10. Guest

    Neil Guest

    STOP RIGHT THERE!!!! we said a max of 7

    furrfu...

    Neil, Jul 8, 2005
  11. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:
    In the hotly contested race for MCNGP President, kpg accused Briscobar of
    having a dirty past of supporting braindumpers haunting him. This reporter
    has recently turned up evidence tha kpg is unwell, and may be unfit to make
    such accusations. During a speech an USENET recently, kpg was overheard
    gasping for air.

    JaR, Jul 8, 2005
  12. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    "1"

    Apples!

    Jtyc, Jul 8, 2005
  13. Guest

    kpg Guest

    I am (gasp) not a crook!

    kpg, Jul 8, 2005
  14. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    You really need to cut down on your snippage. Didn't CBIC send instructions
    with that device?

    Is this in the "Richard Nixon wuz wronged!" thread?

    Frisbee®, Jul 8, 2005
  15. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Yeah, I have days like that, too.

    JaR, Jul 8, 2005
  16. Guest

    Neil Guest

    This is why we will be ok with more than 7 MCSEs world-wide

    Neil, Jul 8, 2005
  17. Guest

    JaR Guest

    How many more? Can I still be twenty-two?

    JaR, Jul 8, 2005
  18. Guest

    Neil Guest

    not according to your birth certificate

    Neil, Jul 8, 2005
  19. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Tsk. Your jealousy of my wisdom and experience is an ugly thing.

    JaR, Jul 8, 2005
  20. Guest

    Ben Smith Guest

    BINGO!