    if I do use this program will I have problems with the Advantage database.
    Any help and answers with pro and cons on all 3 software's . Thanks in
    advance to all Tommy

    Tommy, Nov 28, 2007

  2. Tommy

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    I have used Sybase from a software developer standpoint and MS SQL Server
    from a software developer and Admin standpoints, professionally . They are
    both fine database solutions. I lean towards MS SQL server, because that's
    what I know and have worked with over the years more than any other
    database, which will do everything you are concerned about with no
    problems -- period. I don't like the fact that with the other Sybase
    solution some kind of tool is involved. But all databases have tools that a
    Admin may have to use to keep the integrity of the database maintained.

    However, you need to go to the correct forums or NG(s), ask questions, and
    make your assessment of what solution is best for you.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=sybase+newsgroup&spell=1

    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ms+sql+server+newsgroup&btnG=Search>

    HTH

    Mr. Arnold, Nov 29, 2007