Microsoft Security Bulletin for June 05

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Christian Hougardy, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Christian Hougardy, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Christian Hougardy, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Christian Hougardy

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Better yet, go to Microsoft's new update service, name Microsoft Update, at:

    http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate

    This new update service will not only check Windows Updates, but also other
    Microsoft products as well (ie: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Server,
    Microsoft Exchange, if you have these).

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 14, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 14, 2005
  5. Is it safe to install that version of Windows Update on the 32-bit
    version of WinXP Pro SP2?

    It's already installed on my 64-bit version, but I wonder why it
    doesn't automatically gets updated when I visit Windows Update from
    WinXP Pro SP2. SP2 still uses the V5-version of Windows Update.

    Thomas G. Madsen, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Yes, it is, it's working here without problem for months already, I was on
    the beta program.

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 14, 2005
  7. Christian Hougardy

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Yes, it's safe. Microsoft has the link I listed for those that want to
    opt-in now. Those that don't will get the updated version no matter what
    this coming July.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 14, 2005
  8. Okay and thanks.

    Thomas G. Madsen, Jun 14, 2005
  9. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 14, 2005
  10. The reason for my paranoia is caused by an incident about the
    time where SP2 for WinXP was ready to go RTM. It came with
    the V5 version of Windows Update, but it didn't work very well
    on my SP1 installation back then.
    Cheers.

    Thomas G. Madsen, Jun 14, 2005
  11. Christian Hougardy got up from the bar and shouted: :
    Just make sure you visit in 32bit IE, not 64bit IE..

    Mark Gillespie, Jun 14, 2005
  12. Christian Hougardy

    Guest Guest

    it only finds 5 when i update

    Guest, Jun 14, 2005
  13. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 15, 2005
  14. Christian Hougardy

    Guest Guest

    Yes, it does. If you are running an illegel version of Windows, you will not
    be able to receive updates through the Microsoft Update Website (Automatic
    Updates will still work, however). I was in the Microsoft Update Beta
    Program as well.

    Guest, Jun 15, 2005
  15. All of mine installed. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 15, 2005
  16. Christian Hougardy

    Ron Bogart Guest

    In
    That has been a complaint since the start of Windows Update - large files
    coming down over a modem is not a pretty picture. :)

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    Ron Bogart, Jun 15, 2005
  17. Right, the 6th one is for Outlook 2k3

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 15, 2005
  18. Christian Hougardy

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jun 15, 2005
  19. No, it's not, it was a critical update but for outlook 2003

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 15, 2005
  20. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 15, 2005