    PERMISSION. I cannot re-arrange them the way I want them as each time
    I go back there, whoops! it's back to alphabetic sorting again. Just
    HOW DARE MICROSOFT DO SUCH A THING WITHOUT ASKING?

    Ian Samson, Nov 14, 2007

  2. Ian Samson

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Can you possibly find a way of getting a life? Did the world end for you as
    you know it because of this?

    Mr. Arnold, Nov 14, 2007

  3. Ian Samson

    richard Guest

    because you invited M$ to rule your PC, you gave them permission to screw
    you over on demand. has it ever occurred to you that maybe somewhere in the
    help files you can find your own answer?
    nah. that requires intelligence.

    richard, Nov 14, 2007
  4. Ian Samson

    why? Guest

    I would worry about other things then this, broken patches, recent
    updates silently put on machines and updates put on even with updates
    disabled.
    This is just getting silly.

    For a beginner you are SHOUTING A LOT.
    http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html

    Me

    why?, Nov 14, 2007
  5. Ian Samson

    JAMES Guest

    Chill out guys , Ian was only joking
    Jim

    JAMES, Nov 14, 2007
  6. Ian Samson

    why? Guest

    How do you know, did he tell you that?

    Read his other replies in the last few threads, says he (basically)
    hasn't a clue (roughly translated).

    Me

    why?, Nov 14, 2007
  7. Ian Samson

    JAMES Guest

    That is why it is obvious that he is in fact Joking
    ...........................So Chill out
    Jim

    JAMES, Nov 14, 2007
  8. I bet them a quarter

    Bill Gates of Hello Dolly Parton, Nov 15, 2007
  9. Ian Samson

    LP2CD Guest

    Thanks, Jim, at least some sanity reigns, but I was not joking. I find
    it intrusive that MS should re-arrange my very lengthy Quick Launch
    toolbar without my permission - they are almost as bad at doing this
    as Symantec who change thins in users' settings without the user's
    express permission.

    To answer "Why?", TAKE A HIKE dude. I don't need to have yet another
    computer-geek shouting at me. MS did this with the latest update and I
    object. I will take my objections to the correct newsgroup and
    unsubscribe from this one, simply because of "Why?"'s apparently ego-
    centric responses.

    Goodbye group. I am unsubscribing right now.

    LP2CD, Nov 15, 2007
  10. Ian Samson

    JAMES Guest

    ">

    I know that you were not joking ,I was , because I tried to bring some
    levity to "Why's" post .
    Some posters in this group should realize that this life is not a rehearsal
    ,
    this life is the real thing , so try and chill out .
    Don't unsubscribe , life is full of smartasses , just ignore them
    Jim

    JAMES, Nov 15, 2007
  11. Ian Samson

    why? Guest

    You are lucky it's the least thing that happened.
    I didn't shout at you you were the one shouting, with all the caps. The
    reply was an example an a link to info.
    I didn't mention anything about myself.
    Fine, that's what the unsubscribe button is for.

    Me

    why?, Nov 15, 2007
  12. Ian Samson

    why? Guest

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 126,000 English pages for
    quick launch bar rearranged update windows 2000
    .. (0.18 seconds)

    Annoyances.org - Question about 'Why don't items in my Quick ...
    Appeared 'Getting Started with Windows 2000' 3. .... I'm running Win 2K
    and every time I rebooted, my Quick Launch bar disappeared. ...
    www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win98/t1009758382 - 50k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    re: Question about 'Why don't items in my Quick Launch remember their
    position?'
    Thursday, June 3, 2004 at 8:54 am
    Posted by dapht_punk (1 messages posted)

    OK , here I come to the rescue (of XP users, & maybe others). It would
    appear that
    M$ decided that the TB area need an update that it wouldn't tell anybody
    about. =(
    Which update this little bugger comes with I am not sure.

    But the fix is,,,,,,,,,
    "UNLOCK" the tool bar before you make any changes , then you can relock
    it , & reboot
    (or log out , then in), & you should be golden.

    Try that.

    Me

    why?, Nov 15, 2007
  13. Ian Samson

    Mara Guest

    XP does that to me all the time. I *hate* that. I also hate that my Quicklaunch
    bar can't be more than the height of one bar - I hate its stupid menu.

    Gah.

    Mara, Nov 16, 2007
  14. Ian Samson

    why? Guest

    I usually only put Opera / Ultraedit / SeaMonkey and VNC in the QLB.
    Never any problems it's only 4 additions.

    Only change 1 setting for taskbar (lock it) and disable the office
    toolbars. Up shot of this is never have any problems.

    Me

    why?, Nov 16, 2007
  15. Ian Samson

    Mara Guest

    Locking the toolbars doesn't do any good for this, unfortunately. I just figure
    it's another way of Redmond saying "my way or the highway" which the highway is
    starting to look better all the time.

    Mara, Nov 16, 2007