  1. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Buzz off.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005

  2. Ted

    DKI Guest

    What app is it that you need the context menu for?

    DKI, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Ted

    MikeSa Guest

    Spellcheck in Outlook works fine. It's Outlook express that has problems

    MikeSa, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Ted

    Ted Guest

    When application is limping, it doesn't mean it is slow.
    I would have said slow if they were slow.
    When I say limping, they are not running as they were
    in 32 bit operating systems.
    32 bit Context menus is one of the problems, and it is enough
    to dump 64 bit OS.
    Accessing holy System32 is another problem.
    No speller in Outlook is another problem.

    Casper XP is a mirroring software, it can't mirror
    because it can't access the holy shrine System32\Config folder.
    If I keep using 64 bit, for sure I will find million
    other problems running 32 bit application.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Ted

    Don Burnette Guest

    There's always Linux.

    Obviously you are not happy with MS's OS..

    Don Burnette

    Don Burnette, Aug 10, 2005
  6. Ted

    Rick Guest

    No Shit, Sherlock?

    Rick, Aug 10, 2005
  7. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Have you contacted the manufuctures of the software for Casper XP

    I did, they have to rewrite their software so they can access
    the System32\Config.
    I don't see why MS redirects 32 Bit software from accessing
    the System32 directory.
    That is why I raised this post, redirecting and denying access
    is pointless.
    I can understand why a spell checker wouldn't work.
    The 32 bit context menus have to be written in 64 bit,
    there is no way around it.
    There is no 64 bit programming language out yet, plus MS
    dropping Visual Basic com, migrating to worthless .net.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005
  8. Ted

    Ted Guest

    BTW: manufuctures correct spelling manufactures :)
    Blame it on 64 bit Outlook.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005
  9. Ted

    Ted Guest

    The system 32 directory is where all the 64bit software access lies and
    I know that.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005

  10. Why? I've never heard of *any* operating system that comes with a
    spell checker. Spell checkers are for word processing applications.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Aug 10, 2005
  11. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Your Outlook is 32 bit, that is why it works.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005
  12. Ted

    Ted Guest

    There's always Linux.

    As long you pay me what I put in MS.
    I have a right to bitch, there is freedom of bitching if you have
    not heard of it, it is in the Bill Of Rights, USA here body.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005
  13. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Winzip, MinZip, Send Files/Folders to a CD writer,
    in Write CDs.
    Don't tell me to use worthless Roxio or Nero.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005
  14. Bruce Chambers, Aug 10, 2005
  15. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Why? I've never heard of *any* operating system that comes with a spell
    It is time to sell it as an add-on.

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005
  16. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Again, why? There's absolutely no need for an OS to have a spell checker.

    What ?

    Ted, Aug 10, 2005
  17. Ted

    DKI Guest

    Well Winzip i gone of ages back and they said no X64 support, Have you
    conisdered winrar as a winzip replacement and winrar has context menus that
    work in X64 with the 32bit app.

    Well Roxio i do not know about but i do use Nero and its been great so far
    and not worthless and would not use anything else. I know with windows x64
    you can do the same thing right click and send to CD writer drive and use
    the MS built in burning software or is that not got features you like or
    need?

    DKI, Aug 10, 2005
  18. Ted

    DKI Guest

    To add you may want to try this to get the 32bit context menus
    %windir%\syswow64\explorer.exe /separate

    Or you can make the 32bit shell the default on the x64 platform till they
    rewrite the software this site contains the reg enteries to set either the
    32bit shell (which works with X64) or the 64bit shell as the default on
    startup.
    http://www.extended64.com/blogs/bhpaddock/archive/2005/05/22/539.aspx

    DKI, Aug 10, 2005
  19. I've been using WinRAR for a little bit now. I like it. Not _quite_ as much
    as WinZIP, but given WinZIPs lack of interest in 64-bit support, the choice
    was easy. :)

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005
  20. running the /separate is OK, as long as you remember that you have a
    different view of the file system. But I don't recommend replacing the shell.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005