    BTW: I am dumping Windows XP 64 bit, wasted $156
    for a limping operating system that didn't deliver as
    promised smooth migration to 64 bit from 32 bit.

    Ted, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Ted

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    If you buy a car, you do some research first, right?
    Why didn't you before you bought x64? :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 9, 2005

  3. There is no game and you do not need to purchase Office or any components
    thereof to have a spell checker.
    Do a Google search and you will find other options, some for free.

    As for smooth migration, that depends a lot on your hardware and software
    compatibility with 64 bit.
    Microsoft nor anyone else promised a smooth migration unconditionally.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Aug 9, 2005
  4. Jupiter Jones [MVP], Aug 9, 2005
  5. Ted

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    You are to blame for your "problems". You did no research, and you expect
    to have everything delivered to you on a silver platter. You expect not to
    have to do anything. You. in short, should never have purchaesed Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition. Go back to whatever OS you came from...and hope
    that it will again hold your hand...

    Man. I hate whiney-a**ed losers like you.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 9, 2005
  6. Ted

    Ted Guest

    This is not a car, it is Win XP 64 bit.
    The only you would find is own it, betas are not my thing.

    Ted, Aug 9, 2005
  7. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Doubt you will find a better spell checker than Microsoft's.
    Plus I did do a search, came out with nothing.
    They did say that 32 programs will run in 64.
    I wasn't expecting the hardware to be compatible, I know it
    is going to be long rough road.

    I think Microsoft could have done much better.

    Ted, Aug 9, 2005
  8. Ted

    MikeSa Guest

    There was no need to be try the beta. The trial cersion had been available
    for while. As mentioned in this news group
    you had the option to TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

    Mike

    MikeSa, Aug 9, 2005
  9. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Over 31,000 results

    Search 64 bit from results, you get 2,
    neither is related.

    Ted, Aug 9, 2005
  10. Ted

    Alex Griffin Guest

    Alex Griffin, Aug 9, 2005
  11. Ted

    Ted Guest

    I have no problems at all, you are the one who has problems.
    You are the stupid looser defending a loosing OS.
    All I said I wasted $156, I didn't say I was going to faint over
    it.
    I hate stupid people like you butting in, polishing Billy's
    apple, you are nothing but a kiss ass.
    Kissy, kissy

    Ted, Aug 9, 2005
  12. Ted

    Ted Guest

    I don't waste my time on betas.

    Ted, Aug 9, 2005
  13. Ted

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Find a dictionary....any one will do...now look up the word loser...Hey!
    It's a picture of you!

    sniveling...

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 9, 2005
  14. Ted

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Then we won't waste any time on you.

    Man, what a loser!

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 9, 2005
  15. Ted

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Seems you have less search skills than you do spelling skills or using an OS
    skills...

    Why don't you simply STFU and crawl back into the slime pit you crawled out
    of.

    You are too stupid to own a computer...too stupid to use a search engine,
    and too stupid to learn how to adapt Windows XP Professional x64 to your
    needs.

    I was going to suggest you dual boot, but then I don't have the time (or the
    crayons) to draw you pretty little pictures so that you can, in your limited
    mental capacity, figure out how to do it.

    Do you always whine this much?

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 9, 2005
  16. Ted

    Ted Guest

    So you think this going to make you innocent.
    Come on, who are you trying to bullshit over here.

    Ted, Aug 9, 2005
  17. Ted

    jackfrost64 Guest

    now, now, children...... play good
    Richard

    jackfrost64, Aug 9, 2005
  18. From the Outlook Express built-in help:
    "Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
    Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
    PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling
    command is not available."

    Which means, you would need a 64 bit Office to make spell check possible in
    OE 64 bit.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2005
  19. Ted

    Guest Guest

    you dont *have* to purchase anything. i downloaded openoffice in about 15
    minutes... ...they are supposed to have a x64 build when 2.0 comes out as
    well.

    everything i read about the transistion from x64 was MAKE SURE YOUR
    HARDWARE/SOFTWARE IS COMPATABLE BEFORE YOU BUY IT! nothing smooth promised
    anywhere.

    Guest, Aug 9, 2005
  20. Bobby -- while I sympathize, really I do, feeding the trolls is not generally
    conducive to a supportive newsgroup for those who genuinely belong here. Just
    add him to your twit filter -- I did, and it does wonders for my BP. ;)

    Thanks.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 9, 2005