Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 ??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John D, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. John D

    John D Guest

    I recently installed Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003. I had
    previous versions of Word and Excel on my computer. My problem is that each
    time I open Word now, a dialog box opens, which says "The macros in this
    project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of
    the host application to determine how to enable macros." I can close this
    box and work in Word, but when I finish and try to close Word, I get the
    same dialog box. Additionally, when I close Outlook, I receive a dialog box
    which says "You cannot close Microsoft Office Word because a dialog box is
    open. Click OK, switch to Word, and then close the dialog box." When I
    click OK, I receive the above message about macros.

    I've tried to enable the macros in Word using all suggestions in Microsoft
    help (which in essence advised me to run the Office setup disk, on the
    features to install screen select Visual Basic for Applications, click the
    arrow next to the selection and click Run from My Computer). I've also run
    'repair' from the Office setup disk. I've been unable to enable macros. My
    objective is to get rid of these dialog boxes.

    I've tried everything in my arsenal with negative results. Thanks for
    anything you can do.

    John D, Feb 6, 2004