    Any ideas?
    Thanks....

    -steve

    Guest, May 31, 2005

  2. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 31, 2005

  3. Steve, do you have the latest patches installed? And, did you install Office
    to XP x64, or are you running it from another partition where you installed
    it to an earlier OS?

    Wayne Wastier, May 31, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    It was a clean install to a newly partitioned drive. I should have tried the
    restore/repair option like mentioned, but what I ended up doing was going
    through the .cab files, and extracting winword.exe over the one that must
    have been corrupted. The file size was different and the new one actually
    showed the "w" icon, where the problem one didn't. This fixed the problem.
    Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.....

    Guest, May 31, 2005
  5. I would just uninstall Office 2003, delete the programs file folder for
    Office and do another install.

    Andre Da Costa, May 31, 2005